Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
465 upvotes
Mississauga

question on mesh network

how is this mesh hardware compare to what rogers provides

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-Deco-Whol ... GHRCZCN7Z2

rogers provide eero vs TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System ?

another question is can I buy two sets of Deco whole home and add it to same nework to extend it further? ie, 6 of them in total in 4 level split house?
6 replies
Jun 9, 2012
505 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't say, as I don't use mesh networks because it will only add more interference into the air space. The best solution IMO is to have 1 wifi router + several ethernet routers (converted to bridge/AP node modes). Several ethernet runs are doable if you can convert the phone line jacks into ethernet jacks.
Aug 4, 2013
43 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
djjungly wrote: how is this mesh hardware compare to what rogers provides

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-Deco-Whol ... GHRCZCN7Z2

rogers provide eero vs TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System ?

another question is can I buy two sets of Deco whole home and add it to same nework to extend it further? ie, 6 of them in total in 4 level split house?
I'm using the eero mesh system (also on Rogers here in Mississauga) and getting great speeds. I'm not renting them, I bought them. I am currently in my garage and my phone just showed a speed test at 593 Mbps down and my connection shows to 1 of my wireless beacons in a hallway in the house. I got a few 1 hub and 2 beacon new 2nd generation (triband) sets off a US supplier that I know for under $400 Canadian. A couple of neighbours and friends that I'm selling them to are all happy with them as well.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
465 upvotes
Mississauga
mmorfesis wrote: I'm using the eero mesh system (also on Rogers here in Mississauga) and getting great speeds. I'm not renting them, I bought them. I am currently in my garage and my phone just showed a speed test at 593 Mbps down and my connection shows to 1 of my wireless beacons in a hallway in the house. I got a few 1 hub and 2 beacon new 2nd generation (triband) sets off a US supplier that I know for under $400 Canadian. A couple of neighbours and friends that I'm selling them to are all happy with them as well.
that's a good deal, I have one hub and 3 beacons, I am paying I believe $22 per month to rogers.
Aug 4, 2013
43 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
djjungly wrote: that's a good deal, I have one hub and 3 beacons, I am paying I believe $22 per month to rogers.
Kijiji Mississauga could be your friend instead on constantly paying Robbers. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
I have the Deco, gives me coverage in the whole house with better speeds than my Time Capsule alone was giving. I can also get coverage all the way to the end of the driveway and back of the yard.

I'm going to do ethernet backhaul in the spring when the attic isn't freezing cold, so I expect I'll have full speeds in the whole house.

I have a 3 bedroom, 2 story house.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)