• May 16th, 2015 2:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 9, 2015
2 posts
Kitchener, ON

[question] Opening warehouse in U.S. as a Canadian

I live close to the Niagara Falls border and want to open a warehouse in the U.S. Basically, most of our business comes from the U.S. and it just makes sense to ship directly from there. I don't want to personally move there, just open a warehouse and hire a few U.S. employees. Anything I need to know?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2123 posts
696 upvotes
Gee wrote: Why open a warehouse when you can rent a partial warehouse and just pay by the skid?
Exactly this. Amazon is pretty damn affordable, and I'm sure there's cheaper solutions. With Amazon, they'll even put your branding on the box if you care.
[OP]
May 9, 2015
2 posts
Kitchener, ON
Thanks for the reply. The reason I can't use Amazon is because I'm doing a subscription box business. It's a box that's sent out every month with various items in it. I need to have somebody physically put items in every box and then ship depending on what month the customer is on in the subscription process.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6854 posts
2593 upvotes
Try shipwire.com I thinkt hey do that kind of stuff for you. Or like someone else said see if you can rent a percentage of a warehouse.
Jul 10, 2005
763 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have to provide each item individually packaged to Amazon? Some of my items come bulk (flat on a skid) and they have to be rolled for shipping. Would Amazon do that for me?