• Feb 13th, 2018 10:45 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There

Question for WiFi communication experts

I am developing a device, call it 'A', which has a WiFi chip in it and, as such, can accept WiFi signals from other devices. I want to connect 2 different smartphones to it at the same time. which is no problem of course. Each will send different commands using WiFi to device A to make it do things. This is not an issue right? I am pretty sure not, but just want to make sure.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There
bump
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1187 upvotes
Montreal
You must be trolling..
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2259 posts
1312 upvotes
Calgary
Think about it this way - if a device couldn't deal with two other Wi-Fi connected devices on the same network, how would your Wireless router work?

Honestly, if you're developing a product and don't understand the concepts of what your developing, you should just stop now.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There
Devhux wrote: Think about it this way - if a device couldn't deal with two other Wi-Fi connected devices on the same network, how would your Wireless router work?
This aspect of the product is just a tiny percentage of the product, almost a rounding error. The product will be receiving the instructions at EXACTLY the same time. That is not necessarily happening with any other devices now is it? This aspect of the product is just a tiny percentage of the product, almost a rounding error.
Devhux wrote: Honestly, if you're developing a product and don't understand the concepts of what your developing, you should just stop now.
The most bizarre troll comment I have ever heard. You obviously have never developed products. It's a continuous loop of learning, making mistakes, learning more, refining and not quitting just because there was one tiny bit of information were not aware of or wanted to be sure about. There's nothing wrong with asking questions. Learn that and you will be more successful in life. Sheesh!
Last edited by eonibm on Feb 13th, 2018 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There
marc_t wrote: You must be trolling..
Not at all. If you know anything about my posts over the last few years and the number of upvotes I get you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment. But it takes all kinds on here I see by your reply.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35645 posts
21730 upvotes
Center of Universe
Tough crowd...