Students

Questions about becoming CGA & CA ( Chartered Accountnat)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2013 1:31 pm
[OP]
Jun 30, 2013
19 posts
1 upvote

Questions about becoming CGA & CA ( Chartered Accountnat)

Ok I am trying to become CGA first and then CA
I heard studying at college and get certain about of work experience will allow me to take CGA exams. However this is my next issue.
What if I decided to go for CA? Isn't that a problem? B/c I heard you have to graduate from university in order to become CA I mean it's like requirement for it.
Still, I am thinking about attending college b/c I am not financially stable at all. So I have to pay for myself eveything (yes just like you guys).
So will going to college and taking CGA course will give me a big ChinaWall when I want to become a CA?
Fix me if I am wrong about the info, tip me, post me good sources or website or anything will be appreciated.
Thx you
3 replies
Feb 28, 2013
137 posts
7 upvotes
You have to go to University to take the prerequisite courses to become a CA. There is no way around it ATM. I am not up to the CGA-CMA-CA merger so maybe someone else can fill you in on what *might* happen in the future.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2013
19 posts
1 upvote
ECMC02 wrote: You have to go to University to take the prerequisite courses to become a CA. There is no way around it ATM. I am not up to the CGA-CMA-CA merger so maybe someone else can fill you in on what *might* happen in the future.
Thanks a lot
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8118 posts
4414 upvotes
Which province are you located in (or will be located in)?

http://www.cpamerger.com/merger-status.html

If your province is considering or planning to merge to CPA, then you might need to register ASAP if you still want to be able to be able to get a CGA (soon to be renamed CPA,CGA), before it changes to whatever uniform admission they're creating for CPA.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)