Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Quibi

Get a 90 Day Free Trial of Quibi, a New Streaming Service

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 10:18 am
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
Honestly this sounds like copy:

"With nearly $2 billion in cash invested and a huge roster of A-list celebrities creating content, it seemed like a recipe for success."

Really? That's the 'recipe for success', a bunch of money and a bunch of celebrities?

Name me 'successes' that used that 'recipe'?

Isn't it the majority of success cases where the recipe was: start out with something unique/novel, start small (AirBNB started with an air matress in an SF apartment), work really hard, put your sweat and tears into it, and watch it grow?

I'd really LOVE to know how many times the recipe of: through a crapload of money into something not really that novel, get alot of celebrities involved... actually worked.

I really wonder if journalists are even BOTHERING to try anymore...
Oct 13, 2016
730 posts
965 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
I haven't heard the name Quibi for weeks now.
Oct 18, 2012
400 posts
558 upvotes
OTTAWA
I knew this shit was going to go down in flames. The concept was ********.
The streaming market is so saturated right now. Netflix is better off buying the competition if they could.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote: ........ and it gone!
Wow, certainly didn't see that coming... oh wait, nope, that's wrong, I most certainly saw this coming. Wonder where the campaigners in this thread who claimed this was better than sliced bread have disappeared to...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6974 posts
4954 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can't believe that there were companies willing to invest 2 billion into this crap.

I know Dis was one of them
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
TwilightRiku wrote: Same people hating on this without even trying it are the same type of people who didnt believe Netflix, YouTube, Tik Tok etc. Would ever take off.

When you appeal to a specific target, and you shake and innovate...people will pay. To be seen.
We saw, we laughed, and it's gone.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
JRGUINNESS wrote: I can't believe that there were companies willing to invest 2 billion into this crap.

I know Dis was one of them
Money laundering scheme I tell ya

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)