Shopping Discussion

quick question: can i return the TV bought from walmart after 2 weeks?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2012 9:02 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 4, 2010
224 posts
90 upvotes

quick question: can i return the TV bought from walmart after 2 weeks?

hi guys.2 weeks ago i bought a tv from walmart. however, i got a second tv as a bday gift today. so my question i can return the tv and get full refund (with receipt)?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6116 posts
849 upvotes
Greely
pipity wrote: hi guys.2 weeks ago i bought a tv from walmart. however, i got a second tv as a bday gift today. so my question i can return the tv and get full refund (with receipt)?

What did Walmart say when you called them and asked about their return policy?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3907 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
steve-0101 wrote: What did Walmart say when you called them and asked about their return policy?

That would be too easy! It's much easier to ask in a public forum

Yes, as long as its not more than 15 days
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4892 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
hitman_24 wrote: That would be too easy! It's much easier to ask in a public forum

Yes, as long as its not more than 15 days

Actually it looks like a 30 day window...

"Our goal is to satisfy our customers by exchanging, repairing, or refunding items that don't meet your satisfaction, whenever possible.
Except as otherwise noted in the chart below, merchandise purchased from Walmart Canada may be returned as described below within 90 days of an in-store purchase or, for online purchases, within 90 days of the date you receive your merchandise:

Within 30 days ... Televisions"

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/cat ... andreturns
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6396 posts
1047 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Returns are pretty easy at Walmart as long as you have the original receipt and that you return during the valid period.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
187 upvotes
Gatineau
pipity wrote: hi guys.2 weeks ago i bought a tv from walmart. however, i got a second tv as a bday gift today. so my question i can return the tv and get full refund (with receipt)?

Shouldn't be an issue as long as the television site is defective. If you are asking what I think you are asking, well you know the answer.

Why should Wal-Mart be punished because you got a birthday present? Why should a perfectly good working television (I'm assuming it works well or you would be posting something quite different) be brought back just to be sold for a lessor price because you were lucky enough to get one for your birthday. It's called return abuse

Do the honorable thing and either sell the older television or newer one on here or craigslist or something

This is why returns are getting harder
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4892 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
exiledinottawa wrote: Shouldn't be an issue as long as the television site is defective. If you are asking what I think you are asking, well you know the answer.

Why should Wal-Mart be punished because you got a birthday present? Why should a perfectly good working television (I'm assuming it works well or you would be posting something quite different) be brought back just to be sold for a lessor price because you were lucky enough to get one for your birthday. It's called return abuse

Do the honorable thing and either sell the older television or newer one on here or craigslist or something

This is why returns are getting harder

I don't think this is return abuse. He didn't buy it to "rent" it for the Stanley Cup playoffs, he bought it with the intention of keeping it. Same if he bought it and then found out the next day that Futureshop is selling the same TV for half off, there's nothing wrong with returning it. Sometimes you buy something in good faith and afterwards decide that you don't want it anymore for whatever reason, and that's what the return policy is for - otherwise the policy would only allow returns of defective merchandise.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
615 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Manatus wrote: I don't think this is return abuse. He didn't buy it to "rent" it for the Stanley Cup playoffs, he bought it with the intention of keeping it. Same if he bought it and then found out the next day that Futureshop is selling the same TV for half off, there's nothing wrong with returning it. Sometimes you buy something in good faith and afterwards decide that you don't want it anymore for whatever reason, and that's what the return policy is for - otherwise the policy would only allow returns of defective merchandise.
+1 to this. Wal Mart returns are a breeze 99.8% of the time. Or the o/p could sell it for retail price sans the taxes on RFD or similar sites if he or she felt a little guilty about returning it after 2 weeks of use. ;)
[Signature removed due to rule violation]