• Jul 17th, 2020 10:36 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16635 posts
5197 upvotes
Toronto

Quickbooks - How do I do the bookeeping entries

I currently record my invoicing and expenses in quickbooks online and that seems straightforward enough. Where I am having issues is with recording credit card payments, CRA payments and other such things. I was wondering if there are any links or youtube video that shows how to do this for quickbooks canada. Most of the links I found tend to be for the US product and the menus appear different.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
5 replies
Feb 23, 2005
954 posts
72 upvotes
Do you have an accountant? I’m sure he/she would be able to explain to you easily.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16635 posts
5197 upvotes
Toronto
jkwan18 wrote: Do you have an accountant? I’m sure he/she would be able to explain to you easily.
I do have an accountant but they wanted me to enroll in their bookkeeping training courses that they have. I figured if there was a video I could watch, it should be easy enough.
Feb 23, 2005
954 posts
72 upvotes
hightech wrote: I do have an accountant but they wanted me to enroll in their bookkeeping training courses that they have. I figured if there was a video I could watch, it should be easy enough.
I see. It would save them time to fix up the books at year end if you know exactly what you are doing, I guess they see it as an opportunity to make more money off you.

Send me a PM with your contact info, I can guide you what to do, it takes less than 5 mins.
Dec 31, 2013
37 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
I suggest to get a training if your accountant offers it, most likely they will charge for the training, but you will save money at the end.
Usually when clients don't know how to do bookkeeping, the accounting firm have to fix/redo most of it and will charge you for that time.
Alex Shapovalov
Taxory accounting services
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9200 posts
5050 upvotes
It may be in OP's best interest to just enter the simple expenses in QuickBooks and leave any other entries for the accountant. This would avoid any problems down the road with fixing and correcting the books.