Quickbooks pro Vs. pro + payroll.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 4:42 pm
[OP]
Sep 13, 2016
220 posts
214 upvotes

Quickbooks pro Vs. pro + payroll.

Quickbooks pro is $200 vs pro + payroll is $500. Is it worth extra $300? If i were to buy payroll edition, is there any subscription fees or any other fees i would have to pay to initiate direct deposit at the time of each payroll?
3 replies
Dec 23, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
I just use the basic. From my experience it’s been worth it to gauge the size of your business and full case in which it’s going to be used vs. those costs. They do tend to try and upsell you quite a bit.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2019
1049 posts
1418 upvotes
Stouffville ON
winnipeger1 wrote: Quickbooks pro is $200 vs pro + payroll is $500. Is it worth extra $300? If i were to buy payroll edition, is there any subscription fees or any other fees i would have to pay to initiate direct deposit at the time of each payroll?
Basically in order to have current tax tables in QB you will need to pay the yearly fee every year. You have to ask yourself if it's worth it for you, how many employees do you have, is it better to spend the money or figure out deductions another way.
The payroll function itself doesn't cover direct deposits, I believe this is extra.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8124 posts
4088 upvotes
The Canada Revenue Agency payroll calculator is a FREE "manual" alternative to use for the remittance amount calculations. Only you will be able to figure out how complex your situation is and whether paying the extra money is worth it.