Hot Deals

Quicken 1-year software subscription 40% off for new users (Deluxe version - $43.13)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2023 11:53 am
[OP]
Jan 26, 2004
296 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto

Quicken 1-year software subscription 40% off for new users (Deluxe version - $43.13)

Deal Link:
Price:
$43.13
Savings:
40% off
Annual Quicken sale is back. I believe this is the only discount offered for the product so now is the time to signup if you are interested. Always painful to remember that this used to be a one-time only purchase but I let my subscription lapse in the summer just to take advantage.

I think this only applies to "new" subscribers so existing users cannot renew if their subscription is still active, but you may have some luck going through customer service.
16 replies
Aug 24, 2015
540 posts
2152 upvotes
AB
Is this good enough to do accounting on my cryptocurrency exchange and crypto hedge fund company?
Mar 24, 2004
531 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
I keep getting $4.99 a month, essentially $60 a year despite clicking on the 40% and link. How are you getting the 40% off?
[OP]
Jan 26, 2004
296 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Watson wrote: I keep getting $4.99 a month, essentially $60 a year despite clicking on the 40% and link. How are you getting the 40% off?
Do you have an active subscription?

If not, try clearing your cookies or go incognito.
Mar 3, 2011
4 posts
10 upvotes
This promo us for US version only. You have to switch to "Quicken Canada homepage" to find Canadian version/prices, and it's definitely nowhere near $43.13/year.
Mar 3, 2011
4 posts
10 upvotes
If you're not able to get the promo from Quicken Canada, create a new account on the website, then call them at 650- 250-1900 (US LD) and tell them you were chatting with a Support agent on Live Chat about a 40% off promo. The CSR will apply the promo to your Quicken account and process the payment over the phone.

The 40% off promo applies to all levels of subscription but is only available to new subscribers. Otherwise, they have smaller promos throughout the year for those that are looking to renew a subscription
[OP]
Jan 26, 2004
296 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
michaeltesmith2 wrote: This promo us for US version only. You have to switch to "Quicken Canada homepage" to find Canadian version/prices, and it's definitely nowhere near $43.13/year.
No, this is definitely for Quicken Canada. It is still live.
3ozRXiM - Imgur.png
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9277 posts
5105 upvotes
Are there any desktop versions of Quicken anymore or is it all subscription-based?
Jan 14, 2020
24 posts
17 upvotes
choclover wrote: Are there any desktop versions of Quicken anymore or is it all subscription-based?
They changed their model few years ago, It's all subscription based now.

My subscription expired last year, managed to renew at 40% off with the existing account.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6852 posts
1205 upvotes
Etobicoke
choclover wrote: Are there any desktop versions of Quicken anymore or is it all subscription-based?
The last desktop version (perpetual license) was 2013.

I'm still happily running it. But if you manage to find a copy somewhere (sometimes thrift stores has old software), double check the box for media type. Mine came on floppy (firmy) discs. If my PC dies then I'm toast as new PCs don't come with floppy drives and new floppy drives are hard to find.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9277 posts
5105 upvotes
I love Quicken and have never actually found a program that does what Quicken does better. But then maybe I am just biased. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1264 posts
830 upvotes
East of Toronto
eelfliw wrote: The last desktop version (perpetual license) was 2013.

I'm still happily running it. But if you manage to find a copy somewhere (sometimes thrift stores has old software), double check the box for media type. Mine came on floppy (firmy) discs. If my PC dies then I'm toast as new PCs don't come with floppy drives and new floppy drives are hard to find.
I still miss MS Money...

However I am still running Quicken Home and Business 2016. Generally happy with it but wondering if there are any advantages to the newer subscription based version? I run three separate accounts (me, wife, corp) using my current desktop version. Anyone know if I went to the subscription version would I need three subscriptions?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2620 posts
375 upvotes
DRC wrote: I still miss MS Money...

However I am still running Quicken Home and Business 2016. Generally happy with it but wondering if there are any advantages to the newer subscription based version? I run three separate accounts (me, wife, corp) using my current desktop version. Anyone know if I went to the subscription version would I need three subscriptions?
I'm still running the MS Money Sunset Edition...I don't use the sync function to the banks so its really a glorified transaction register but I've used it forever and it gives me the info I need.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140320163 ... x?id=20738

I have it running fine on Win 10, not sure if it works on Win 11
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1425 posts
361 upvotes
Mississauga
KsprayDad wrote: I'm still running the MS Money Sunset Edition...I don't use the sync function to the banks so its really a glorified transaction register but I've used it forever and it gives me the info I need.

I'm getting a malformed link error for your link. I still TU'ed your post because I loved MS Money.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16810 posts
7488 upvotes
Toronto
KsprayDad wrote: I'm still running the MS Money Sunset Edition...I don't use the sync function to the banks so its really a glorified transaction register but I've used it forever and it gives me the info I need.

I use Money Sunset edition and have for many, many years. It has most of what you would need for tracking bank accounts, credit cards etc. Just investment related stuff is missing / out of date.
Sep 12, 2003
26 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
jalaram wrote: I'm getting a malformed link error for your link. I still TU'ed your post because I loved MS Money.
Still using as well. I found this link works to get the download: https://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Mon ... 45178.html

Some of the banks still support Money for transaction download, or you can rename the Intuit Quicken file from .qfx to .ofx to import into MS Money. I also use PocketSense to get updated quotes: https://sites.google.com/site/pocketsen ... 1/p2?pli=1