This is quite the flip

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 6:02 pm
Tags:
18 replies
Jan 13, 2021
198 posts
514 upvotes
moeymoeymoeymoe wrote: $2,790,000, Detached, 909 Boothman Ave, Burlington, W5117746, For Sale - HouseSigma https://housesigma.com/bkv2/landing/roo ... rQM1875mGN

Damn if it sells for anywhere near that much I
They’d do well
It will sell for that much and perhaps more. It's become a very very desirable part of Burlington with some soon-to-be insanely expensive houses along the shoreline. The neighbourhood this house is in will see many flips like this in the coming years with prices going higher and higher. It was a hidden gem up until not too long ago. Funny thing is I knew this all along (for 20 years!) but never managed to get myself a property there. Regrets...
[OP]
May 7, 2015
337 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
synthetic1 wrote: It will sell for that much and perhaps more. It's become a very very desirable part of Burlington with some soon-to-be insanely expensive houses along the shoreline. The neighbourhood this house is in will see many flips like this in the coming years with prices going higher and higher. It was a hidden gem up until not too long ago. Funny thing is I knew this all along (for 20 years!) but never managed to get myself a property there. Regrets...
i bought my house around the same time, and even after my renos i wont fetch anywhere near that much.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2964 posts
745 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
That's the whitest looking house I've ever seen in my life.

Very nice on the inside though. It's worth the price.
<removed>
Feb 5, 2019
13 posts
7 upvotes
Super nitpicky, but seriously a rental water heater???!
Jan 15, 2013
354 posts
242 upvotes
Not outrageous. It’s a full new build. Drawings, demo, permits. They got a pretty good price on the lot. Might be pushing the envelope a bit on the price but will likely sell at or near that price.

Keep in mind cost to build plus landscaping plus basement for something like this is probably in the $1.1-$1.3m range plus carrying costs.

They have put a significant amount of money and time into this and will walk away with a few hundred thousand after all fees. Sounds great but seems like econobox builder houses have been seeing gains like that in the last year and this person has a lot more on the line financially.
Last edited by zsj495 on Feb 18th, 2021 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 18, 2020
258 posts
212 upvotes
synthetic1 wrote: It will sell for that much and perhaps more. It's become a very very desirable part of Burlington with some soon-to-be insanely expensive houses along the shoreline. The neighbourhood this house is in will see many flips like this in the coming years with prices going higher and higher. It was a hidden gem up until not too long ago. Funny thing is I knew this all along (for 20 years!) but never managed to get myself a property there. Regrets...
Was the shoreline not insane already? I know it's gonna be a discount against Oakville, but still...most unique homes in GTA, those west end waterfront ones and the few in the Beach. Makes a forest hill mansion almost seem boring.
Jan 13, 2021
198 posts
514 upvotes
GTA12345 wrote: Was the shoreline not insane already? I know it's gonna be a discount against Oakville, but still...most unique homes in GTA, those west end waterfront ones and the few in the Beach. Makes a forest hill mansion almost seem boring.
Not this part. Aldershot shoreline (the no man's land area between Burlington and Hamilton) used to be low-income, low price and very low traffic. It's still cheaper than it should be.
Sep 7, 2018
811 posts
841 upvotes
Aldershot used to be a rough patch of land - now it is home to mega mansions and gorgeous lake front properties - pretty impressive the transformation.
Dec 22, 2004
268 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
I love the house. There is nothing much I would change except maybe an apron sink in the kitchen. A+
Jan 13, 2021
198 posts
514 upvotes
Am I blind or do I see vinyl/aluminum siding all over this house? Why would someone use siding on a $3 million house?!!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2639 posts
1422 upvotes
Mississauga
synthetic1 wrote: Am I blind or do I see vinyl/aluminum siding all over this house? Why would someone use siding on a $3 million house?!!
Looks like a mix of bricks and plaster to me. Nicely done house. And priced pretty much in line with similar homes. It should easily sell for 3Mil.
Jun 18, 2020
258 posts
212 upvotes
synthetic1 wrote: Am I blind or do I see vinyl/aluminum siding all over this house? Why would someone use siding on a $3 million house?!!
Could be a product like hardee board. Synthetic fibre board you could take a bat to.
Dec 22, 2004
268 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
GTA12345 wrote: Could be a product like hardee board. Synthetic fibre board you could take a bat to.
Umm...no. I have hardee board outside my house at Blue mountain and you can definitely not take a bat to it.
Jun 18, 2020
258 posts
212 upvotes
my_sir wrote: Umm...no. I have hardee board outside my house at Blue mountain and you can definitely not take a bat to it.
Hmm. Good to know. Builder rep told me that once. Good thing I didn't test the theory.

I love the look though. It's not fragile like vynal.
Dec 22, 2004
268 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
GTA12345 wrote: Hmm. Good to know. Builder rep told me that once. Good thing I didn't test the theory.

I love the look though. It's not fragile like vynal.
Totally agree, hardie over vinyl. It’s just that hardie can chip and dent. Also, hardie absorbs water. If you see a house with hardie after a rain storm, it can look spotty. Hardie will need repainting every few years. Also, you need to clean the siding because it can grow mold. But again, love the look. For maintenance though, I think I rather have brick.
Dec 17, 2009
413 posts
91 upvotes
Thats more of a complete tear down than a flip