Home & Garden

A rabbit was knocked down and killed on the pavement in front of my place. How can I dispose of it?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2021 4:44 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 6, 2015
924 posts
100 upvotes

A rabbit was knocked down and killed on the pavement in front of my place. How can I dispose of it?

This afternoon a rabbit was discovered in front of my place; its neck seems to be broken by passing cars. Shall I wait until tomorrow when garbage collector pick it up (obviously I can wrap a black plastic bag over its body) or it shall be disposed of at a specific location in my neighborhood?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6647 posts
2990 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Any turkey vultures, bald eagles or even magpies around? If so, just leave it (somewhere safe) and watch the wildlife show.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3872 posts
21607 upvotes
You don’t say what city you are in but in Toronto you can call 311 and they will have some come by and pick it up.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
11456 posts
14202 upvotes
Vancouver
markopas wrote: You don’t say what city you are in but in Toronto you can call 311 and they will have some come by and pick it up.
My friend is a manager for 311 in Vancouver. Employees are trained to ask people if the animal is on city property, and if so the city will come deal with it. And if the caller says "but it's on my private property", they are supposed to say, "I understand, but IF it were ON city property, we could help." "But it's not". "Yes, but just saying, IF the animal somehow made its way ONTO city property, we could come and deal with it."
Many people eventually clue in to this "small thing you need to do and we'll come and help you" prompting, but funnily many never get it.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4563 posts
2078 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: My friend is a manager for 311 in Vancouver. Employees are trained to ask people if the animal is on city property, and if so the city will come deal with it. And if the caller says "but it's on my private property", they are supposed to say, "I understand, but IF it were ON city property, we could help." "But it's not". "Yes, but just saying, IF the animal somehow made its way ONTO city property, we could come and deal with it."
Many people eventually clue in to this "small thing you need to do and we'll come and help you" prompting, but funnily many never get it.
I found a dead possum in my backyard 2 weeks ago, on my patio (interlocked stones), I tried to call the city (Vaughan Ontario) and I wish they would be helpful as you describe!!!! They just don't answer the phone.

At the end, the possum went to the garbage. Sorry if this was wrong, but it looked like a dog (or coyote) attacked him, it was urgent to get it out of the backyard, the blood and guts may attract the bigger animal to my house.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2015
924 posts
100 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: My friend is a manager for 311 in Vancouver. Employees are trained to ask people if the animal is on city property, and if so the city will come deal with it. And if the caller says "but it's on my private property", they are supposed to say, "I understand, but IF it were ON city property, we could help." "But it's not". "Yes, but just saying, IF the animal somehow made its way ONTO city property, we could come and deal with it."
It has already become part of green pin organic waste....
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
May 21, 2015
961 posts
510 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Just bag it separately and then put it in you regular garbage bag for pickup.