• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2022 10:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7840 posts
4638 upvotes
West GTEH!

[Black Friday] Black Friday Sneak Peek Sale. Rad Power Radmission 1 ebike - $799

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$700 off
Expiry:
October 31, 2022
Retailer:
Rad Power eBikes
DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR A REFERRAL!

The Radmission 1 ebike was on sale earlier in Aug 2022 for $1199.

rad-power-bikes-rad-power-bikes-several ... #p36480913

Now it's discounted another $400 to NEW sale price of $799.

Other ebikes are also on sale:
Radrover 6 plus: Sale $1699
Radmini: Sale $999 - SOLD OUT
Last edited by Webhead on Oct 15th, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
😎
Thread Summary
Referral solicitation is not permitted. Replies requesting or offering referrals will be removed without warning and users posting such content may receive infractions in accordance with our forum rules.
215 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3832 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto
Heck of a deal. Just surprised it comes with no fenders. A must for commuting. Followed closely by a carrier rack.
Oct 20, 2019
798 posts
1614 upvotes
Ottawa
People seem to dislike the RadMission due to it being single speed.

Don't forger 2% Rakuten
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 6th, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7840 posts
4638 upvotes
West GTEH!
beachlover wrote: ↑ Heck of a deal. Just surprised it comes with no fenders. A must for commuting. Followed closely by a carrier rack.
I think I saw the fender set on sale for $36CAD(?)
😎
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7840 posts
4638 upvotes
West GTEH!

It's an ebike.
I don't think people will be using manual pedal power to ride this bike.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 6th, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: post was removed
😎
Oct 20, 2019
798 posts
1614 upvotes
Ottawa
Webhead wrote: ↑ *

It's an ebike.
I read that the single speed can negatively affect battery life and can be a PITA when climbing hills.
Not sure how big of an issue these would be in real life situations, but I thought that it's worth mentioning...
It's still a great price for a 500W ebike.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1688 posts
1144 upvotes
Manitoba
Webhead wrote: ↑ *

It's an ebike.
You actually need to pedal if you want to conserve the battery for longer rides. However, ripping about on throttle is a blast as well. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Mar 21, 2022
37 posts
14 upvotes
I saw this promotion as well with rad mission and rad mini as well, anyone know which is better? Mission 799$ and mini 999$?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7840 posts
4638 upvotes
West GTEH!
aouniat wrote: ↑
I read that the single speed can negatively affect battery life and can be a PITA when climbing hills.
Not sure how big of an issue these would be in real life situations, but I thought that it's worth mentioning...
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: ↑ You actually need to pedal if you want to conserve the battery for longer rides. However, ripping about on throttle is a blast as well. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
All good, informative points.
Thanks.
Last edited by Webhead on Oct 6th, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Aug 26, 2005
619 posts
450 upvotes
Wow that's a pretty nice discount. I would also take the mini. Some folks were looking at the Jetson Haze for 830 - IMO, forget it and pick this up instead.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1209 posts
330 upvotes
aouniat wrote: ↑ I read that the single speed can negatively affect battery life and can be a PITA when climbing hills.
Also not good for the knees and can lead to injury in the long term, especially when ebikes are already heavier than normal bikes.
Oct 20, 2019
798 posts
1614 upvotes
Ottawa
aragingbull wrote: ↑ Wow that's a pretty nice discount. I would also take the mini. Some folks were looking at the Jetson Haze for 830 - IMO, forget it and pick this up instead.
I'm looking at Radmini 4 reviews online and they all show the bike with 750W motor, however the website above is showing 500W. What's the catch?

Edit: Nevermind, found this

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal, QC
On sale in the U.S for USD$499. That's quite an exchange rate!
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1688 posts
1144 upvotes
Manitoba
aragingbull wrote: ↑Wow that's a pretty nice discount. I would also take the mini. Some folks were looking at the Jetson Haze for 830 - IMO, forget it and pick this up instead.
aragingbull wrote: ↑Wow that's a pretty nice discount. I would also take the mini. Some folks were looking at the Jetson Haze for 830 - IMO, forget it and pick this up instead.
True, Jetson and RAD are not on the same league...IMO.
aouniat wrote: ↑ I'm looking at Radmini 4 reviews online and they all show the bike with 750W motor, however the website above is showing 500W. What's the catch?

Edit: Nevermind, found this

I read that due to Canada's laws, they had to bring the power to 500W over the US 750W version.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal, QC
aouniat wrote: ↑ I'm looking at Radmini 4 reviews online and they all show the bike with 750W motor, however the website above is showing 500W. What's the catch?
Even the link you posted doesn't tell the whole truth. The reality is that 750W is allowed in the U.S and only 500W in Canada. So companies are very creative with their labelling and marketing to "comply" with Federal rules. That being said, in this specific case it's really a "fake" 750W, even in the U.S.
Last edited by WillyBaldy on Oct 6th, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1482 posts
4579 upvotes
WillyBaldy wrote: ↑ On sale in the U.S for USD$499. That's quite an exchange rate!
i know our dollar sucks right now but 1.6x? damn!

thinking about getting the RadMission 1 bike. does anyone know if i can use it with a bike trailer for kids?
Oct 20, 2019
798 posts
1614 upvotes
Ottawa
WillyBaldy wrote: ↑ On sale in the U.S for USD$499. That's quite an exchange rate!
Wow. That really sucks!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal, QC
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: ↑ I read that due to Canada's laws, they had to bring the power to 500W over the US 750W version.
There was no such thing, this is just vague fake information from Rad. A few people actually tested the motors/batteries and found no difference. They also compared with a real 750W and found Rad's "750W" to be underpowered. The problem is that there is *no* industry regulations and standards for wattage labelling, so companies are relative free to play with the numbers. In the financial world, you'd call this "creative accounting".
May 11, 2018
164 posts
71 upvotes
aragingbull wrote: ↑ Wow that's a pretty nice discount. I would also take the mini. Some folks were looking at the Jetson Haze for 830 - IMO, forget it and pick this up instead.
Why mini over mission?
Also what's the top speed on these guys? 32km/h?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
1093 posts
204 upvotes
having owned random chinese "junk" vs rad bikes, honestly there was zero difference in quality. maybe i was lucky to have a "chinese" bike that has no issues but i saved at least $2k

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)