Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rad Power eBikes Black Friday

Black Friday Sneak Peek Sale. Rad Power Radmission 1 ebike - $799

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2022 10:18 pm
Newbie
Jan 30, 2008
88 posts
30 upvotes
Not sure what policies here are for referrals but I have an account if anyone needs an extra $50 off can DM me . The mini4 is a good deal here, you get a lot more bike compared to mission at this price point.. although it’s slightly heavier due to folding hinge and bigger battery so different riding styles.

The mission is a good deal too but is slightly minimalistic (no fenders, not even kick stand) so consider having to buy accessories too

Otherwise I also like the rover 6+ step thru, that one is a steal at 1699
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2017
1703 posts
1165 upvotes
Manitoba
warpdrive wrote: why do they have to put such wide fat tires on these little bikes? It would seem to me that if you have a folding bike, you are presumably want it for portability and those wide tires aren't helping any

I want an e-bike but I don't want it to look like a shrunken down motorcycle. Radmission looks much better but no gears is a deal breaker for me. I still like to pedal.

I guess I'll have to wait for a deal on the Aventon Soltera....that's more of my ideal ride.
I'm thinking a Brompton e-bike is more your style...I had one before as well. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Personally, I got the Mini because I wanted to try commuting during winter and I needed a fattie to help with traction.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 21, 2014
1639 posts
2881 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Amazing deal! thanks OP picked one up
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Jr. Member
Sep 11, 2009
102 posts
56 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: why do they have to put such wide fat tires on these little bikes? It would seem to me that if you have a folding bike, you are presumably want it for portability and those wide tires aren't helping any

I want an e-bike but I don't want it to look like a shrunken down motorcycle. Radmission looks much better but no gears is a deal breaker for me. I still like to pedal.

I guess I'll have to wait for a deal on the Aventon Soltera....that's more of my ideal ride.
The wide tires have been great. For portability purposes I have it in the RV and then when I want to ride local trails, most trails aren't smooth and paved. The wider tires allows the flexibility of trails as well it's a less bumpy ride.

Edit: spelling
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2528 posts
1511 upvotes
This is a super hot deal for the Rad Mini at $1000-$50 coupon. Pretty much $1000 all in. There is nothing in the $1000 price range that offers 500w 48v motor, 10ah battery, lcd computer, 7 speeds, suspension, folding, and Rads support network. The closest competition is the Lectric XP 2.0 which is $1600.

They are discontinuing the Rad Mini and its being replaced by the inferior Rad Expand 5 which doesn't have front suspension or a lcd screen computer. Plus it's selling for $1849 which is more than the Mini!

Stock will not last long in this. Once it's gone, it's gone. No more stock.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2017
1703 posts
1165 upvotes
Manitoba
soupnazi wrote: This is a super hot deal for the Rad Mini at $1000-$50 coupon. Pretty much $1000 all in. There is nothing in the $1000 price range that offers 500w 48v motor, 10ah battery, lcd computer, 7 speeds, suspension, folding, and Rads support network. The closest competition is the Lectric XP 2.0 which is $1600.

They are discontinuing the Rad Mini and its being replaced by the inferior Rad Expand 5 which doesn't have front suspension or a lcd screen computer. Plus it's selling for $1849 which is more than the Mini!

Stock will not last long in this. Once it's gone, it's gone. No more stock.
I agree that the Mini4 is the better buy even against the newer Expand 5. They sacrificed too much(LCD screen, suspension fork, fenders) to get the weight down.
Last edited by TehRFDAnomaly on Oct 6th, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
8017 posts
4903 upvotes
West GTEH!
derive440 wrote: which courier does rad bikes use to ship to ontario? thanks.
According to Rad Power website:

Shipping Method

Shipping is offered through CanPar and Purolator, which is free to all Provinces across Canada. Once your bike ships, you'll receive an email with the tracking number so you can see when the estimated delivery time will be.
😎
Newbie
Mar 21, 2022
43 posts
14 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: why do they have to put such wide fat tires on these little bikes? It would seem to me that if you have a folding bike, you are presumably want it for portability and those wide tires aren't helping any

I want an e-bike but I don't want it to look like a shrunken down motorcycle. Radmission looks much better but no gears is a deal breaker for me. I still like to pedal.

I guess I'll have to wait for a deal on the Aventon Soltera....that's more of my ideal ride.

I’m not sure, what is the different having gears and no gears? Pls correct me if I’m wrong, but, Isn’t gear for manual rider and mission is for automatic? Mission you can’t pedal? If so how would you ride?
Member
Sep 20, 2005
219 posts
301 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Darn. I just received my Radmission two weeks ago. Very fun bike to ride and feels very solid.

I've emailed the to see if they offer price protection..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2017
1703 posts
1165 upvotes
Manitoba
@udziee Missions are single speed, meaning you do not have the option for lighter gears for uphills and heavier gears for more speed. All RAD e-bikes have throttle (power on demand) and require pedaling to get to their rated mileage.[/quote]

@axnguyen If you bought on or after Sept 22, you are in luck.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
13809 posts
2941 upvotes
Vancouver
No surprise on the price. It’s gutless. Someone made a huge error in the design. It would be fine if all you did was very very flat terrain and weighed 120llbs. I tried a bunch of e-bikes. This was the worst. You really need a set of gears. :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9457 posts
10738 upvotes
The Prairies
fuc847 wrote: having owned random chinese "junk" vs rad bikes, honestly there was zero difference in quality. maybe i was lucky to have a "chinese" bike that has no issues but i saved at least $2k
That’s because everything that makes up a Rad bike, likely all came from China.
Don’t let a statement like “made in Canada” or “made in the US” fool you.
They may have been built in Canada or USA, but all the parts that make these bikes aren’t.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2092 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if i should have got the RadCity 4 instead of Mission…
Have a Fuji feather single speed which I like.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2017
1703 posts
1165 upvotes
Manitoba
trellaine201 wrote: No surprise on the price. It’s gutless. Someone made a huge error in the design. It would be fine if all you did was very very flat terrain and weighed 120llbs. I tried a bunch of e-bikes. This was the worst. You really need a set of gears. :)
Not sure how they are gutless when my Mini can carry my weight up to 40kmh on the flats...and I am not a 120lb kind of person. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

The set of gears are for tackling uphills, descending and flats is limited to 40 kph after you set the max speed on the lcd display.
Last edited by TehRFDAnomaly on Oct 6th, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7508 posts
3684 upvotes
Canuckland
WillyBaldy wrote: On sale in the U.S for USD$499. That's quite an exchange rate!
WTF, what's with the ex rate
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 22, 2007
1387 posts
725 upvotes
London, ON
Think I will buy the radmini4 this weekend. Easier to store in my condo and the bike looks like it will suit my short height well.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1493 posts
1002 upvotes
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: Not sure how they are gutless when my Mini can carry my weight up to 40kmh on the flats...and I am not a 120lb kind of person. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

The set of gears are for tackling uphills, descending and flats is limited to 40 kph after you set the max speed on the lcd display.
I think he’s talking about the mission 1 being gutless
Member
Sep 20, 2005
219 posts
301 upvotes
Thunder Bay
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: @udziee Missions are single speed, meaning you do not have the option for lighter gears for uphills and heavier gears for more speed. All RAD e-bikes have throttle (power on demand) and require pedaling to get to their rated mileage.
@axnguyen If you bought on or after Sept 22, you are in luck.
[/quote]

Is that listed on the site? I ordered on Sept 17th and received it on Sept 22nd. Today would be the last day to return it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2017
1703 posts
1165 upvotes
Manitoba
axnguyen wrote: @axnguyen If you bought on or after Sept 22, you are in luck.
Is that listed on the site? I ordered on Sept 17th and received it on Sept 22nd. Today would be the last day to return it.
[/quote]
Oh man, it needed to be ordere Sept 22 to the end of the October to avail. You can call to verify this.

Top