Toronto

RadMini 4\radmini step-thru fat electric folding bike $1,850 + tax

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
250 off
Retailer:
Radpower Bikes
Rad's running a deal on couple of their folding models radmini 4 and RadMini step thur 2. Currently off $250 with final price of $1850 plus tax free shipping.

Estimated shipping it says is 3-5 business days.

I have placed lectric 2.0 order since may 27 and haven't received it yet. Contemplating to cancel that one and picking up RadMini 4 but it's still extra $450.

Decisions, decisions!
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric bikes!
40 replies
Sep 3, 2017
536 posts
848 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this compare to the alternatives? I am unfamiliar with these but am interested. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22760 posts
176090 upvotes
GTA
That's actually pretty good - discount + quick shipping. A lot of places are taking orders for next year delivery at this point. I don't have one, but from what I hear, solid company with good support to boot. I'm sure there's plenty of online forums, support resources, etc., as this brand (and this model) is fairly popular.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1040 posts
1006 upvotes
Just heads up, their shipping is horrendous and they continuously change their ship date. I ordered a bike in May that advertised a June ship date. Near end of June I called, they said first week of July at latest. They finally shipped my bike last days of July and left it at my front step without signature ($2600 bike). Similar stories across Reddit.

PS - they charge your card at time order for full amount, so they held my money for nearly 3 months.
Sep 3, 2017
536 posts
848 upvotes
Vancouver
indeals wrote: Just heads up, their shipping is horrendous and they continuously change their ship date. I ordered a bike in May that advertised a June ship date. Near end of June I called, they said first week of July at latest. They finally shipped my bike last days of July and left it at my front step without signature ($2600 bike). Similar stories across Reddit.

PS - they charge your card at time order for full amount, so they held my money for nearly 3 months.
Do these bikes come disassembled in a box? Other than shipping, are you satisfied with the bike overall? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3500 posts
2177 upvotes
Calgary
soymilkslam wrote: Do these bikes come disassembled in a box? Other than shipping, are you satisfied with the bike overall? Thanks!
Likely, it comes 80-90% assembled needing only to install the handlebar + all the associated electronics & hook up the quick release front tire. Should be a 15-30mins jobbie.

I like Radpower as they have a pretty good rep for NA. I'm waiting for a sale on the Radmission 1 though as it would fit my needs for an exercise bike. This Radmini is more utility folder. Not my thing but I'm sure its good for a lot of folks esp the older with a need to fold & carry in the car.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3686 posts
829 upvotes
lionking wrote: Rad's running a deal on couple of their folding models radmini 4 and RadMini step thur 2. Currently off $250 with final price of $1850 plus tax free shipping.

Estimated shipping it says is 3-5 business days.

I have placed lectric 2.0 order since may 27 and haven't received it yet. Contemplating to cancel that one and picking up RadMini 4 but it's still extra $450.

Decisions, decisions!
For what it’s worth I bought a lectric last summer and don’t regret it.
Jan 30, 2006
74 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
any one know a good brand for a conventional (not E) folding bike? thx
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22760 posts
176090 upvotes
GTA
indeals wrote: Just heads up, their shipping is horrendous and they continuously change their ship date. I ordered a bike in May that advertised a June ship date. Near end of June I called, they said first week of July at latest. They finally shipped my bike last days of July and left it at my front step without signature ($2600 bike). Similar stories across Reddit.

Good to know about this, but in all fairness, there's been a global parts shortage, and compounding this was that whole Suez Canal debacle that delayed shipping times even more - they are definitely not the only company affected by this. Despite all this, all that I would ask for is transparency. If they are saying 3-5 days on the website and they don't actually have stock on hand that they can ship out in that timeframe, shame on them.
[OP]
Sep 29, 2007
79 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
soymilkslam wrote: How does this compare to the alternatives? I am unfamiliar with these but am interested. Thanks!
Unfortunately, Canadians have limited options compared to US. Google is your best friend!
[OP]
Sep 29, 2007
79 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
random pattern wrote: For what it’s worth I bought a lectric last summer and don’t regret it.
Yea so I heard and that's why I placed the order, but it's been over 2 months now and my patience is running out now lol... Summer is almost over! Thanks for your feedback though Grinning Face
Mar 27, 2020
19 posts
23 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: How does this compare to the alternatives? I am unfamiliar with these but am interested. Thanks!
If your looking for a folding bike with a 500w motor and a 14ah battery, than you can't really beat the rad mini at $1850. You would either have to compromise on the motor or battery to get to the ~$1800. You can go straight through Chinese suppliers and get a bike with around the same specs for around the same price or a little cheaper, but that's a whole can of worms that IMO isn't worth it.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2743 posts
2359 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've been using my RadMini (2017 version) for a few years now to commute to work and I love it. Keep in mind that this thing is heavy, around 70 pounds, so it's not something you can really use without power assist. I personally use it full throttle, like an electric scooter.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Jan 27, 2009
659 posts
572 upvotes
Just got mine 3 weeks ago. No complaints!
However, these bikes are HEAVY. And it takes time to adapt. In the Rad Facebook group, some folks got into accidents because of underestimated the power of the bikes. The bike is heavier and wheelbase is longer. Don’t be fooled by the model “mini”. It isn’t small!
Personally have been on mountain bike and e scooter for few years and have no issue to handle it. If you haven’t been on bike for long, do lots of practice in parking lot first.
And please wear a hood helmet when riding!
Images
  • 8361467D-6B88-4CD6-8ABD-DD9087DF00AC.jpeg
Jan 27, 2009
659 posts
572 upvotes

I ordered mine middle of June and received the shipment on July 7. About 2.5 weeks of wait time.
Rad has an odd business model , last order in, first order out.
I got my bike before many ordered in April and May.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3032 posts
4536 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
What is the weight of the RadBike Mini folder? I checked the website and expanded the information below and I did not see anything about the total weight of the bike unless I missed it.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Jul 31, 2005
233 posts
18 upvotes
Austin Powers
etrex wrote: any one know a good brand for a conventional (not E) folding bike? thx

Go with Lectric. You have to wait but $1500 Canadian shipped to the door. Great company and awesome bike.
May 4, 2006
229 posts
21 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: What is the weight of the RadBike Mini folder? I checked the website and expanded the information below and I did not see anything about the total weight of the bike unless I missed it.
Bike Weight
67 lb (30 kg)
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.13.12 PM.png
Jul 31, 2005
233 posts
18 upvotes
Austin Powers
Radpower is the worst company to buy a ebike from. Customer service blows. My bike shipped two months after promised date. Also they ship using canpar. They can’t even tell you the proper tracking info. Abosolutely shit.

Stay away

I have been waiting for kickstand for the bike and gave up. Ended up buying a different one from Amazon.

Don’t trust their customer service.

Go buy Lectric. I bought a bike from Lectric and Radpower. Night and day I would pick the Lectric over Radpower.