Rain barrels vs water tank?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2021 5:07 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10212 posts
5525 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
ChubChub wrote: While it may be for you, the OP is in Etobicoke; his realities greatly differ from rural areas relying exclusively on "the land" for their water needs. The OP is just looking for a way to store rainwater for whatever reason, not a well (which is likely illegal in Etobicoke anyways). They would be legally obligated to be connected to the city supply anyways, so replacing their home water has no real value (the fixe charges cover the socialized pumping, delivery, and filtration).
Hopefully the OP is just being proactive and maybe a little bit odd and eccentric, and not a prophet of the future. Water shortages (for municipal supplies) were once though impossible but now seemingly very possible in places. A lot of people where I am would love be on on municipal-supplied (or rather, regional district) water. My house was listed as having either well or tank/harvested water as the source which may have resulted in us getting it at a good price (for one of many reasons).
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)