193766 upvotes
GTA

12% Cash Back - July 1-3 only

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 3, 2022
Retailer:
Rakuten
Just a heads up for those with planned upcoming purchases, Rakuten is having a 3-day event with 12% cash back, from July 1-3. As usual, they have not provided any clues as to the participating retailers as yet.

Edit: Now live: https://www.rakuten.ca/flash-event

Adidas
Altitude Sports
Aveda
Burton
Champs
Clarins
Clearly
Crocs
Dell
Dyson
G-Star Raw
Groupon
HP
Hunter
IT Cosmetics
Lenovo
Linen Chest
Moores
Murad
RW & CO
Sail
Sennheiser
SIMBA
Simons
Stuart Weitzman
Surfshark
Suzy/Le Chateau
Today's Shopping Choice
Under Armour
Viator
Last edited by toguy on Jul 1st, 2022 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
100 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1677 posts
6455 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
It will most likely be the usual stores which isn't anything to write home about. Perhaps some goods to be had but I wouldn't hold my breath. None the less, I uovoted for the heads up.
What's in your wallet?
Aug 15, 2018
317 posts
443 upvotes
This guys are not as willing to give you the cash back as they used to be.
Contacting them is no help as it now takes "10 business days for us to hear back, but it may also take up to 45 days" by then you already have what ever you purchased through them and can't return.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1897 posts
2591 upvotes
GTA
Teodore wrote: This guys are not as willing to give you the cash back as they used to be.
Contacting them is no help as it now takes "10 business days for us to hear back, but it may also take up to 45 days" by then you already have what ever you purchased through them and can't return.
Had this same experience with my Theragun purchase. Received the unit, using it, still no cashback fr Rakuten despite two “investigations.”

1/2 the time I don’t get it even though I’m using the app. Frustrating.

Edit: I got it immediately after this post. Wtf?
BDE47DF6-F39E-4B42-A11F-4DC5D0886CCE.jpeg
Last edited by georgecantstandya on Jul 1st, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 1, 2009
374 posts
420 upvotes
Winnipeg
Had a similar experience trying to claim a cash back from one of the Nord VPN sales, in that scenario Nord was dragging its heels providing proof of purchase to the cash back site. Nord told me that their policy was not to provide the proof of purchase to the cash back site until the cancellation window had already closed which is obviously problematic. I told Nord that I would cancel it if they didn't process it and suddenly it appeared. So you may need to push back against the retailer in some scenarios.

Thanks for the heads up op, I don't know if I'll use this but appreciate the notice.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24204 posts
193766 upvotes
GTA
Teodore wrote: This guys are not as willing to give you the cash back as they used to be.
I recently had this experience with a Dyson purchase via Rakuten and thought it was more of a one-off, but seeing the comments here, I guess not. My shopping trip was registered with my account, but not the purchase, and therefore no cash back. I opened a ticket and I was going to follow up today (it's been a couple weeks now), until I re-read the e-mail and saw the "up to 45 days" this morning. Sigh...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5221 posts
4556 upvotes
BC
Among other reasons, most of these sites specify that using a discount code not approved by the cashback site will void the cashback rebate.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2851 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
What are peoples experiences on posted rebate turnaround times buying with MEC? Is it quick on Rakuten? I'm a first time user this past weekend.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1439 posts
1039 upvotes
Montreal
I had cash from a purchase from the bay not show up and contacted them and they responded quickly and gave me the money. My only time ever contacting them though.
Jun 16, 2020
251 posts
594 upvotes
If the cashback isnt instant, I open a ticket right away and usually get the cash or some sort of response from an agent (not autoreply) within 48 hours. Not ideal that you have to stay on top of them but it can be worth the effort.
Jan 22, 2019
403 posts
188 upvotes
I had a Redbubble purchase that I had to chase them for six weeks to get, which in the end they claimed they couldn't verify but gave me the cash back "as a courtesy." On the other hand, I made a Shopper+ purchase a week ago and the cash back was posted almost immediately. It's a very mixed bag, but I've never had them outright reject a claim for missing cash back that I've made.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6922 posts
1451 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Know a little bit about how these cashback sites work, most of the the cash back process is entirely manual and literately comes down to agencies sending an excel file to be approved to the retailer. That would explain the inconsistencies.

Sometimes these cashback companies would front the money for retailers that are reliable, but usually they only post the funds whenever they get it from the retailers.

Anyway I am hoping to see the list of participating retailers this time but I am not expecting much.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Sep 13, 2016
72 posts
27 upvotes
Same here.. waiting for DAZN subscription cash back since Nov 2021… highly inconsistent and unresponsive when it comes to some of cash back payments..
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1178 posts
711 upvotes
Hotel.com cashback almost never materialize, I have bugged them multiple times and it's excuses after excuses.

I do still get cashbacks from Clearly, PerfectLens, Aliexpress etc. ... so it's still working for me.
Aug 31, 2008
809 posts
386 upvotes
I had this issue from a purchase I may mid-May from Dell, which on that day offered 15%. After 2 weeks, I emailed support. And they gave me the above time frames too. After 2 more weeks of not hearing an update, I emailed again and they said they were still waiting on Dell for confirmation. THANKFULLY, yesterday, they finally issued the 15% rebate, which was a few hundred dollars, so glad it worked out even though I had to wait a long period.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2188 posts
1478 upvotes
I agree, give us ebates back, they were awesome.
Sep 9, 2008
408 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
number17 wrote: Hotel.com cashback almost never materialize, I have bugged them multiple times and it's excuses after excuses.

I do still get cashbacks from Clearly, PerfectLens, Aliexpress etc. ... so it's still working for me.
travel merchants report very late, it can take 6-8 weeks AFTER the travel has taken place for cashback to show up
all your staples coupons are belong to us