• Dec 22nd, 2020 9:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
788 posts
286 upvotes

Rakuten - issue with cash back on a Lenovo purchase

Nothing since black Friday so I filled out the where is my cash back. Now they say the store hasn't submitted anything and it could take 45 days?

It was lenovo and supposedly 12% back. Anyone have experience with this? Scam or will I eventually get the money?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 21st, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added detail to title for clarity
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4578 upvotes
Alberta
Rakuten sucks! I've actually quit using it. Ever since the name change, it's gone straight downhill.
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
788 posts
286 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: Rakuten sucks! I've actually quit using it. Ever since the name change, it's gone straight downhill.

Lol. So I won't be getting the 12%.?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14740 posts
27770 upvotes
Scarborough
kilburn305 wrote: Lol. So I won't be getting the 12%.?
As long as it recorded your shopping trip to Lenovo, you'll probably get your cash back (assuming nothing went wrong with your order). More and more people have been reporting issues with Rakuten working in recent times though.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24776 posts
1886 upvotes
Markham, ON
Same for me...but it's really lenovo's fault ...it took 3 weeks to get a Lenovo price guarantee for a carbon x1

Anyways...i can't even submit another reminder to rakuten since I have the file open still....

Well at least I got 187$ back from the price guaranteed
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1276 posts
1194 upvotes
Vancouver
Submit a missing cashback request if it's been more than 5 days or so. I have to do this for basically every single purchase
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1675 posts
95 upvotes
I had the same issue with a Dell order and opened a case with Rakuten. They said the same thing..that it might take up to 45 days for the retailer to let them know of the purchase. So I don't think it's Rakuten that's doing the delaying. I usually get my rebate back as long as I'm patient, however this time Rak actually came back and said Dell couldn't confirm my order (wth?), then went on to say they were manually applying the credit for me. So I have no idea who screwed but I'm glad they resolved it with only a single email from me. Hopefully it works out for you as well OP.