Jan 6, 2008
1490 posts
1396 upvotes
Ontario
Lots of downvotes, bad rep?
Mar 23, 2006
122 posts
53 upvotes
Yeah, why the downvotes? With NordVPN's current offer, it is $26.70 (USD?) after the cashback on a two-year plan. Seems like a good deal.
Dec 22, 2007
799 posts
463 upvotes
dtych wrote: Lots of downvotes, bad rep?
I have tried Windscribe, expressvpn, surfshark and for me NordVPN has the best speed and stability. Netflix works on all us servers.

I have a 1Gbit connection and I usually get 300-400Mbps with NordVPN on a Canadian server. Other VPNs I listed above I was getting 150 max.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9588 posts
2157 upvotes
Montreal
All VPN companies are shady, they are in the business of HIDING what people do online ;)
Jun 27, 2007
526 posts
77 upvotes
Tempting offer, but I'm probably going to let my Nord sub lapse in Nov.

I took a flyer on Keepsolid VPN Unlimited, and I'm getting better speeds than I was with Nord. It's not as feature rich but, honestly, speed is the most important thing. I'm getting much better download speeds on a New York IP with VPN Unlimited than I was on a local Canadian IP with Nord. And I tried all the protocols with Nord.
May 12, 2006
374 posts
262 upvotes
ON
Likely because Nord takes the Canadian Tire approach of an inflated msrp and then always having a 'sale' price.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1490 posts
1396 upvotes
Ontario
Canuck485 wrote: Likely because Nord takes the Canadian Tire approach of an inflated msrp and then always having a 'sale' price.
$1.30 Canadian a month.... I could have a Starbucks habit at a significantly higher amount Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 24, 2013
70 posts
42 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
Are you supposed to see the Rakuten money right away? I signed in, used the link through Rakuten, and purchased but don't see anything. Thoughts?
Nov 4, 2018
45 posts
102 upvotes
Vieux wrote: Beware
Using a coupon code from anyone other than rakuten will likely void your cashback...!
Dont think so, the 70% cashback is on top of any promo.. Rakutens terms

"Take advantage of NordVPN coupons and NordVPN promo codes in addition to 20.0% Cash Back with Rakuten.ca!" (Should be 70% but its not updated)
Jul 21, 2015
459 posts
290 upvotes
North York, ON
You can use the extra1y from rakuten itself. Still 85 Usd for 2 years. Then 70% back.

Just bite the bullet
Dec 22, 2007
799 posts
463 upvotes
Rakuten has aften been a hit or miss. I often have to e-mail them in order to get my cashback. I just purchased a NordVPN account with the rakuten cashback. I did not get any rakuten confirmation yet. We'll see ...
Jun 28, 2015
49 posts
69 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
SpykeYs wrote: Rakuten has aften been a hit or miss. I often have to e-mail them in order to get my cashback. I just purchased a NordVPN account with the rakuten cashback. I did not get any rakuten confirmation yet. We'll see ...
My rakuten cashback for nordvpn never works. This is my second round of getting nordvpn through rakuten and it didn't register both times. Dealing with Rakuten they basically say i screwed it up but here you go anyways as if they are doing me a favour.

No problems with rakuten for any of my other purchases.
Nov 24, 2013
70 posts
42 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
SpykeYs wrote: Rakuten has aften been a hit or miss. I often have to e-mail them in order to get my cashback. I just purchased a NordVPN account with the rakuten cashback. I did not get any rakuten confirmation yet. We'll see ...
Gotcha. If I don't see it come up within a week I'll email Rakuten. Good thing Nordvpn has a 30 day money back guarantee, might have to use it.
Dec 8, 2001
852 posts
171 upvotes
Ancaster
Same experience here. I had to email Rakuten to apply the cash back promotion. There was no record of the transaction in their system. It took about a month.

I switched from SmartDNS proxy to Nord. I wasn't able to get out of region Netflix through SmartDNS. It's hit and miss with Nord. I think that some of their servers are flagged by Netflix and some aren't.