Rakuten

NordVPN 70% cash back on Rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2021 9:20 am
Jun 18, 2008
466 posts
220 upvotes
Calgary
Can you use this cashback as existing NordVPN user or do you have to create new account?
Oct 15, 2020
227 posts
565 upvotes
montreal, QC
I've never used Rakuten though I have an account. 85USD with 70% back comes up to what? What happens to that cashback? Is it like a gift card or reimbursement on my method of payment? Thanks
Is this thing on?
Jul 19, 2008
114 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if Nord VPN will allow you to access BBC iPlayer programs?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3237 posts
1129 upvotes
Toronto
Tarro wrote: Does anyone know if Nord VPN will allow you to access BBC iPlayer programs?
I've used it once for iPlayer. Worked perfectly. Watched an FA Cup game. Not sure if it works consistently.
Out with the Glazers!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5393 upvotes
Toronto
SpykeYs wrote: I have tried Windscribe, expressvpn, surfshark and for me NordVPN has the best speed and stability. Netflix works on all us servers.

I have a 1Gbit connection and I usually get 300-400Mbps with NordVPN on a Canadian server. Other VPNs I listed above I was getting 150 max.
I just tested Windscribe connected to the Toronto server on my MacBook running the Windscribe app.

USA Netflix, Prime, Hulu, HBOMax, Vudu, PeacockTVand Fandangonow work with Windscribe too.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 11.50.21 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 11.51.35 AM.png
Aug 8, 2017
374 posts
242 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I just bought the windscribe deal, should've waited
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5393 upvotes
Toronto
wahabk1234 wrote: I just bought the windscribe deal, should've waited
I think the Windscribe deal is the better one.
Aug 8, 2017
374 posts
242 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
audit13 wrote: I think the Windscribe deal is the better one.
Better as in performance? The nord deal comes to $1.36 per month while the windscribe deal comes to $1.91 per month.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5393 upvotes
Toronto
wahabk1234 wrote: Better as in performance? The nord deal comes to $1.36 per month while the windscribe deal comes to $1.91 per month.
I think it's better overall for streaming and download speed in my opinion. The app works very well on macOS, iOS, FireOS, AndroidTV, and Windows.
Aug 8, 2017
374 posts
242 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
audit13 wrote: I think it's better overall for streaming and download speed in my opinion. The app works very well on macOS, iOS, FireOS, AndroidTV, and Windows.
Ah ok that's very reassuring, thanks.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5393 upvotes
Toronto
wahabk1234 wrote: Ah ok that's very reassuring, thanks.
You're welcome. I used NordVPN years ago before switching to Windscribe's 3-year deal (should have purchased the lifetime deal).

I also have a Keepsolid and FastestVPN sub. For streaming, Windscribe is the best followed by Keepsolid.
May 7, 2005
84 posts
35 upvotes
I'm weary of other Free VPNs or Lifetime Subscription offerings, how do they pay to offer the product without money coming in? I renewed for another 2 years (+1 month thanks to my boy Salvia Erik), thanks for the heads up!
Jul 19, 2008
114 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Little Tim wrote: I've used it once for iPlayer. Worked perfectly. Watched an FA Cup game. Not sure if it works consistently.
Thanks! I signed up, and indeed it works! Also confirmed my Rakuten cash back. Thanks OP.
May 18, 2007
841 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
Just a heads up on NORDVPN... they seem a tad sleazy i.e. if you disable auto-pay they disable some features!

link to reddit discussion... disabled by rfd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 13, 2019
900 posts
818 upvotes
Thanks OP! In for 1!

I'll likely have to follow up with Rakuten on the cashback after seeing others on here that never seem to be able to get the cashback automatically credited to their Rakuten account. Rakuten has generally been good about crediting cashback when I contact them with proof and confirmation of purchase. This is a good price and I couldn't resist the deal seeing it's "68% off" plus "70% cash back" -- even in USD. I was waffling on whether to pull the trigger since my plan is set to expire in 2022 which is another year. Generally, I've had pretty good usage results with NordVPN so I'll stay with them for a few more years... They'll constantly bring online new servers since it's a bit of an arms race/whack-a-mole in staying ahead of the geo IP filters on Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Oct 3, 2011
48 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Busiu wrote: Same experience here. I had to email Rakuten to apply the cash back promotion. There was no record of the transaction in their system. It took about a month.

I switched from SmartDNS proxy to Nord. I wasn't able to get out of region Netflix through SmartDNS. It's hit and miss with Nord. I think that some of their servers are flagged by Netflix and some aren't.
Same here with Rakuten..
It's been 2-3 months wait to get big % cashback. I basically got the black friday cashback on January after countless emails.
Aug 21, 2013
233 posts
174 upvotes
I don't think this works with Peacock correct?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)