Rakuten

NordVPN 70% cash back on Rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2021 9:20 am
Mar 15, 2013
753 posts
391 upvotes
Fredericton
mrmcbandi wrote: Does anyone know how to find your Order number? I need it to report cashback missing for Rakuten.

The email confirmation doesn't have order number. First time that a company sends a confirmation email that your order placed without order number. Pretty frustrating.

Btw, you will save more if you have code from Unidays. Paid 75.60 for 2 years.
Where did you enter the extra code on Rakuten from Unidays? I have a code and in Rakuten on NordVPN but can not see where to stack the code.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1908 posts
902 upvotes
Scarborough
laike4 wrote: i can confirm that yes it did add 2 years to my remaining balance.

i don't see anything on my rakuten apart from the logged 'shopping trip NordVPN'. hopefully that snags the discount in a few days.
i'm the same, existing plan was to expire in March so perfect timing.

but not seeing anything on Rakuten. i did take a screenshot when payment was successful and the Rakuten button being blue (activated).
Feb 6, 2014
153 posts
97 upvotes
gmoney506 wrote: Where did you enter the extra code on Rakuten from Unidays? I have a code and in Rakuten on NordVPN but can not see where to stack the code.
I had to remove the default code. I think it was "springdeals" and once removed, you can input your Unidays code.
Mar 15, 2013
753 posts
391 upvotes
Fredericton
mrmcbandi wrote: I had to remove the default code. I think it was "springdeals" and once removed, you can input your Unidays code.
Could you post if you get your cash back? TIA.
Apr 3, 2007
811 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Dammit

I got Nord back in boxing day for 40% I knew I should have waited. Very satisfied with their service.

Also I did use their coupon code...it comes out to like 2 dollars a month....

This is a HOT deal in my opinion.
Nov 24, 2013
98 posts
76 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
Just got my cash back from Ratuken! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2004
1157 posts
260 upvotes
Nice! Same here. $77.08 as I got the 2 yr plan. My PIA VPN 2 yr plan was about to expire with a $60 USD renewal. This saved me a few bucks. Cheers.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1304 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
I’m paid up until 2025, but this is a good deal. Might hop on to extending.
May 18, 2006
37 posts
37 upvotes
BERTA
Can you have multiple users on the account. My friend is in the states and me and him split a seed box account. Wondering if this would allow us to both use the same account concurrently.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1626 posts
1081 upvotes
Near You
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC BrimSTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Aug 29, 2018
344 posts
225 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: i'm the same, existing plan was to expire in March so perfect timing.

but not seeing anything on Rakuten. i did take a screenshot when payment was successful and the Rakuten button being blue (activated).
i contacted support and they said cash back may be limited to new accounts only. i guess we have to wait to see if it comes through or not. caution to existing account holders.
Aug 20, 2006
808 posts
147 upvotes
NordVPN charge 89 US dollars for two years, and Rakuten give 70% cashback, which is 62.3US dollars.
When we apply the promotion, We don't need any coupon code, am I right?

Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1908 posts
902 upvotes
Scarborough
laike4 wrote: i contacted support and they said cash back may be limited to new accounts only. i guess we have to wait to see if it comes through or not. caution to existing account holders.
crap... it does say that on the Rakuten email I received...

*Offer valid: Feb 6 00:00 - Feb 8 00:00 PST. Rakuten CA must be the last link you clicked in order to get Cash Back. If other website links are clicked after clicking through Rakuten CA, Cash Back will not be tracked (E.g. coupon websites and deal websites). Return to Rakuten CA and click through to NordVPN every time you are making a new transaction. Accounts that engage in fraudulent orders/activities to game/cheat the Cash Back system will be banned and Cash Back forfeited Cash Back is only available to new NordVPN customers.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2004
1157 posts
260 upvotes
Can confirm that I am a new NordVPN user that set up a new acccount today. Got the cashback already. I used the link within the Rakuten iPhone app, to reach their website, sign-up and pay all in one visit.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5589 posts
896 upvotes
Been considering getting a VPN for a bit now. I was planning to use it just for daily browsing, with my gaming console, and streaming sticks (Firestick 4K and Chromecast with Google TV) just so I can watch like Netflix from like US or any other country for example...

I'm a complete noob with this and was wondering I guess this is a good deal and a reputable VPN to use? Also, any other things I could use it for? I'd wanna watch sports and other stuff (ie. EPL soccer) but that's more down to different streaming platforms available I'd assume right?
Mar 1, 2005
991 posts
423 upvotes
Markham
How long does it take for the cash back to appear in your Rakuten account?

I can see the 2 years added to my NordVPN account, but nothing in Rakuten yet.

Reading further up, I see there is a possibility I may have to cancel this order and use a different email address.
Last edited by Hobbesgsr on Feb 6th, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 30, 2017
183 posts
417 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: crap... it does say that on the Rakuten email I received...

*Offer valid: Feb 6 00:00 - Feb 8 00:00 PST. Rakuten CA must be the last link you clicked in order to get Cash Back. If other website links are clicked after clicking through Rakuten CA, Cash Back will not be tracked (E.g. coupon websites and deal websites). Return to Rakuten CA and click through to NordVPN every time you are making a new transaction. Accounts that engage in fraudulent orders/activities to game/cheat the Cash Back system will be banned and Cash Back forfeited Cash Back is only available to new NordVPN customers.
Damn it, wish I saw this sooner. Had I known this was the case, I wouldn't of had signed up again. Haven't had much need for the VPN these days and would of had shopped around for cheaper deals.

Going to wait to see if I do get the cashback. If not NordVPN has:

"If you wish to claim a refund, you can do so within 30 days following your purchase of our services."
May 19, 2017
444 posts
242 upvotes
Does NordVPN work well with Shield or FireTV for Netflix? I was told it's not, hence I have been with ExpressVPN.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1304 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
For those with existing accounts, are you logging into your account or just entering your email? That could be the issue.
Sep 21, 2004
10988 posts
5825 upvotes
Calgary
Sirocco87 wrote: Can you have multiple users on the account. My friend is in the states and me and him split a seed box account. Wondering if this would allow us to both use the same account concurrently.
You can have up to 6 devices logging in at the same time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)