Rakuten

Rakuten: 10% cashback (Today only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 10:59 am
Dec 24, 2011
542 posts
1237 upvotes
East, Canada
Seriously, the no Amazon cashback thing is a joke. I already cancelled my annual Prime renewal after being a member since day one. I’ll learn to shop elsewhere; I recently made purchases with BestBuy instead and came out ahead thanks to their excellent price match policy. Far quicker shipping than amazon too.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5094 posts
7196 upvotes
Vancouver
Joseph333999 wrote: Thanks. The cash back was always at 40%?
Few times hit 60%... But bad VPN, North...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5094 posts
7196 upvotes
Vancouver
RaiderX wrote: Seriously, the no Amazon cashback thing is a joke. I already cancelled my annual Prime renewal after being a member since day one. I’ll learn to shop elsewhere; I recently made purchases with BestBuy instead and came out ahead thanks to their excellent price match policy. Far quicker shipping than amazon too.
And Rakuten on Amazon.ca was a joke too.... So many time didn't get cash-back, so many times had to manually search for Amazon.ca on Rakuten's list... didn't work too well ever..

Also, looks like no more Air Miles on Amazon too...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2635 posts
2894 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Lemonsquash wrote: I had something similar happen to me with Dell. You can try to submit a "missing cashback" request and sometimes they still give you the cash back. In my case I got it even though the receipt was for the previous day.
I tried this, and they realized that they paid me too much on another purchase lol, but the agent was nice not to revoke it. YMMV lol (the purchase was a dell 10% when it should have been 2% )
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2158 posts
2259 upvotes
so mad amazon pulled the plug on it. I made most of my money from them
Sep 19, 2010
33 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I usually wait until dell has 10-12% cashback to make purchases. Black Friday 2018 I bought a Samsung 75inch TV from them that was 4500 for 2500, and then 10% back (2250). it was essentially half price but took over a month to deliver
Sep 1, 2018
96 posts
102 upvotes
Lenovo is good but I’m waiting for the Slim 7.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2576 posts
2420 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just missed Rakuten birthday 15% cashback, this one is sweet
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1042 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Seriously, the no Amazon cashback thing is a joke. I already cancelled my annual Prime renewal after being a member since day one. I’ll learn to shop elsewhere; I recently made purchases with BestBuy instead and came out ahead thanks to their excellent price match policy. Far quicker shipping than amazon too.
Hope you used TopCashBack for Best Buy Canada (highest CB % for BB)
Mar 28, 2010
888 posts
427 upvotes
GTA
Still waiting on a Dell cashback for a gaming laptop ordered back in early March when it was 10%. Contacting Rakuten only has them saying they can only give cashback once Dell gives them order info.
Dec 24, 2011
542 posts
1237 upvotes
East, Canada
flash67 wrote: Hope you used TopCashBack for Best Buy Canada (highest CB % for BB)
Astonished Face I didn’t. I only use TCB for UK and US purchases. I didn’t know any Canadian retailers were covered. That’s a game changer!

Hello BestBuy, my old friend.
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1042 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Astonished Face I didn’t. I only use TCB for UK and US purchases. I didn’t know any Canadian retailers were covered. That’s a game changer!

Hello BestBuy, my old friend.
LOL and as I check to see if it's still active... they removed it. And I just bought something last week and received my CB for it.... hilarious
Dec 24, 2011
542 posts
1237 upvotes
East, Canada
flash67 wrote: LOL and as I check to see if it's still active... they removed it. And I just bought something last week and received my CB for it.... hilarious
Eh? I checked it and it shows 2% for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1146 posts
532 upvotes
I need a 5 cent filler for free shipping on Indigo. Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to buy a gift card since I am already using a gift card I've had for 2 years
Aug 20, 2019
520 posts
692 upvotes
London, Ontario
Xeerochild wrote: Here's the list:

10%
Dyson
Indigo
Adidas
Clearly
Simons
Club Monaco
Hunter
Linen Chest
Acer
Charlotte Tillbury
Paula's Choice

11%
Lenovo
LenovoPro
Nasty Gal
Rosetta Stone
Nutribullet
Bumble and Bumble

15%
Coach
Tarrte
Shoes.com
SkinStore.com
LookFantastic
Adam & Eve
Chico's
eBags

40%
NordVPN

Will review. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2488 posts
1566 upvotes
Waterloo
ariel wrote: I need a 5 cent filler for free shipping on Indigo. Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to buy a gift card since I am already using a gift card I've had for 2 years
Bargain books sort by lowest price
Stationary (pens/pencils) sort by lowest price
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2066 posts
632 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Amazon also pulled out of Aeroplan, Air Miles, etc. Their business is booming due to the pandemic so it's a perfect time to make even more money. Meanwhile their workers continue making peanuts. Go capitalism.
I am avoiding Amazon these days as much as possible. We should support Canadian stores that are doing their best helping people, stores like PrincessAuto, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2390 posts
1893 upvotes
condo
Support local, screw Amazon... I'd rather buy from Aliexpress or eBay than let Amazon make money - unless it's an exclusive deal that only they carry/offer.
Sep 1, 2018
96 posts
102 upvotes
tmonies wrote: Support local, screw Amazon... I'd rather buy from Aliexpress or eBay than let Amazon make money - unless it's an exclusive deal that only they carry/offer.
I have no opinion on Amazon but many good retailers pulled their products from Amazon. I have over $1000 gift card and don’t know what to buy lol.
Aug 31, 2008
799 posts
379 upvotes
Ah too bad Adam and Eve doesn't sell Animal Crossing New Horizons.