Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rakuten

Rakuten - 15% Cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2021 3:40 am
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1243 posts
1340 upvotes
naticom wrote: my order was shipped but rakuten still says they cannot get hold of Dell. 45-day mark has passed
I am in the same boat, I have my laptop as of last week and Dell has until October 30th to reply.........................

Should be getting $205 back so kind of annoying at the hassle as I ordered the laptop August 30th.
Nov 19, 2020
168 posts
266 upvotes
I ordered August 30 and had an attempted delivery yesterday. I'll picking up the laptop tonight.

Did a where's my cashback inquiry on September 2 and I'm still waiting for it. For those that have had success, who should I be contacting? Rakuten or Dell?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2487 posts
2071 upvotes
Surrey
doubleavic wrote: I ordered August 30 and had an attempted delivery yesterday. I'll picking up the laptop tonight.

Did a where's my cashback inquiry on September 2 and I'm still waiting for it. For those that have had success, who should I be contacting? Rakuten or Dell?
Contact Rakuten
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2918 posts
2947 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I wrote a complaint on BBB and attached all the details, and then received the cashback within 24 hours!
ffonly wrote: Contact Rakuten
Feb 5, 2020
119 posts
57 upvotes
naticom wrote: I wrote a complaint on BBB and attached all the details, and then received the cashback within 24 hours!
Still didn't get the cash back. What's BBB?
Dec 20, 2011
77 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
naticom wrote: I wrote a complaint on BBB and attached all the details, and then received the cashback within 24 hours!
Did you mean that you showed Rakuten your BBB complaint? Or Rakuten was constantly monitoring BBB complaints and resolved your case the same day without you contacting them again after posting the complaint?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2918 posts
2947 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I filed a complaint on BBB and they relayed my complaint to rakuten.ca
iebnpp wrote: Did you mean that you showed Rakuten your BBB complaint? Or Rakuten was constantly monitoring BBB complaints and resolved your case the same day without you contacting them again after posting the complaint?
Dec 20, 2011
77 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
naticom wrote: I filed a complaint on BBB and they relayed my complaint to rakuten.ca
Great strategy. Will give that a try too. Thank you.
Jul 13, 2007
379 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary
Just did yet another chat with Rakuten. This time the agent advised they blamed Dell and said Dell has advised them they are receiving a large number of inquiries so they need more time to investigate and are waiting on Dell to advise.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10706 posts
3367 upvotes
i was told that my order didnt qualify because i bought more then 3 of an item. they ended up giving me a 200 good faith bonus instead of the 400$.

it sucks, perhaps these are the rules, i dunno, wasnt worth the fight, lots of trust lost with rakutan over this one.
Sep 18, 2010
185 posts
156 upvotes
Canada
Still missing 15% on 3 desktops purchased Aug 29. Invoiced/billed Oct 14, so I am giving them a bit more time although I did open a cashback inquiry shortly after I ordered.

Hopefully Dell reports to Rakuten at the end of the month
Jul 13, 2007
379 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary
rocking23nf wrote: i was told that my order didnt qualify because i bought more then 3 of an item. they ended up giving me a 200 good faith bonus instead of the 400$.

it sucks, perhaps these are the rules, i dunno, wasnt worth the fight, lots of trust lost with rakutan over this one.
Just looking at the website now, there does seem to be a note on the Dell page on Rakuten that 3 or more is considered a volume purchase and does not qualify. Unfortunate, but good they were willing to give you something at least.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1243 posts
1340 upvotes
Dell just denied my Cash Back saying "other channel conflict on 10/7/21" which means what???

I bought this laptop/ordered on 8/31/21 so I will be calling them as the laptop was not exempt from the offer.

Anyone have any tips?
Would appreciate this or I am just going to send it back as $210 off was the reason I ordered.

I got 15% CB on the headset I ordered and I ordered 1 laptop.
Jul 13, 2007
379 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary
Finally got a response from Rakuten saying my order did not qualify, giving some nonsense about possibly using adblocker etc which I made sure to disable. Anyways, they gave a $200 credit as "goodwill". On a 1500 order it's close to the 15‰, think I'm 23 dollars short but good enough I guess.

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but the response came same day as when Dell shipped the laptop...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7529 posts
8284 upvotes
Vancouver
Because of whatever happened on August 30.. I didn't get my Dell Rewards or my 15% Rakuten. I've been going back and forth with Dell Support for weeks. Finally they agreed to manually add the Rewards after saying give it 30 days multiple times. They kept saying it was up to Rakuten for the cash back and to contact them.. which I had done multiple times. Rakuten said they were waiting for info from Dell.

In my last email to Dell, yesterday.. I stated that it's up to Dell to make sure Rakuten has the info needed to give the cash back.. that it's their responsibility. I mentioned that if this wasn't addressed immediately I would contact BBB, etc. I cc'd Rakuten member services on this email. Today, 24 hours later I received an email from Rakuten stating the cash back has been processed and it's in my account.

Such a pain!

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7529 posts
8284 upvotes
Vancouver
One other follow up to this.. even though my Rakuten payout for this quarter was sent on Monday.. an additional payment came today for the Dell purchase.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10568 posts
5208 upvotes
Toronto
BensonNV wrote: I see 2% lol
Oh sorry, I meant to say for Clearly Contacts. I searched and thought this thread was just for Clearly, my bad