Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21610 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

Rakuten USA

Hi Everyone,

I looked around, couldn’t find a stand alone thread on Rakuten.com

Have a wee bit of experience with Rakuten.ca (CANADA) but none with the .com site

Wondering if anyone uses it, and if there’s anything I should be aware of going in … esp in regards to shipping, and how Cash Back works for Non Americans.

Thx
2 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3716 posts
1110 upvotes
Vancouver
I used the .com version of the site a lot more when the border was open and I could readily pick up my packages from across the border. I haven't used it lately. But for me it's been as smooth sailing as the .ca site.

I set my cashback redemption to paypal because they only send cheques in USD and I had an issue depositing it in the past. I just end up having the USD balance in my paypal account and have no issues with it. I believe they also allow you to get the CB in the form of gift cards.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1080 posts
510 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Hi Everyone,

I looked around, couldn’t find a stand alone thread on Rakuten.com

Have a wee bit of experience with Rakuten.ca (CANADA) but none with the .com site

Wondering if anyone uses it, and if there’s anything I should be aware of going in … esp in regards to shipping, and how Cash Back works for Non Americans.

Thx
There is no difference. I use the one that give higher cashback, some shopping sites are on both platform and you can get cashback from either one. You don't need to ship to an US address to get the cashback.