Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1328 posts
1913 upvotes
Toronto :)

Rally for restaurants - $25 for $35 gift card

Deal Link:
https://rallyforrestaurants.ca/

Restaurants are where we gather with friends and family. They’re where we celebrate milestones and make memories. They’re an important part of our lives, and right now, many face the prospect of closing their doors for good.

It’s not too late. You can help save your local.

For every $25 or $50 gift card you buy, we’ll contribute an additional $10, our gift to you.** Give your favourite restaurant or bar the funds they need today and visit them to redeem your gift card for a delicious meal when this is all over.

Since many restaurants are now open for patio, the risk is essentially nothing. Just buy the gift card to use before heading to the restaurant! Or even during your dinner before you pay your bill :)
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
21 replies
Mar 15, 2019
741 posts
884 upvotes
I like this idea, supporting local businesses by buying their gift cards and use them later...
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Jan 26, 2017
856 posts
900 upvotes
zumi78878 wrote: https://rallyforrestaurants.ca/

Restaurants are where we gather with friends and family. They’re where we celebrate milestones and make memories. They’re an important part of our lives, and right now, many face the prospect of closing their doors for good.

It’s not too late. You can help save your local.

For every $25 or $50 gift card you buy, we’ll contribute an additional $10, our gift to you.** Give your favourite restaurant or bar the funds they need today and visit them to redeem your gift card for a delicious meal when this is all over.

Since many restaurants are now open for patio, the risk is essentially nothing. Just buy the gift card to use before heading to the restaurant! Or even during your dinner before you pay your bill :)
“...the risk is essentially nothing”
Yeah riiiiiiiiiiight LOL :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7460 posts
7587 upvotes
The Prairies
GammaRayFort wrote: I like this idea, supporting local businesses by buying their gift cards and use them later...
Just be aware, there are no partial redemptions with the gift card, or the promo $10 top up.
So if you opt for a $25 or $50 card, you need to spend the entire $25 or $50 all at once.
Mar 7, 2011
167 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
It's unfortunate, but some restaurants on the list already went under.....
Nov 21, 2018
16 posts
8 upvotes
Good deal, just be aware that you don't get a "real" gift card, only two email redemption codes. So far I've always managed to redeem these but servers usually need to get their manager, and then even these need some time to figure out how to redeem them.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3826 upvotes
Yea... no I won't risk it. I never really cared for restaurants anyway
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1247 posts
252 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Restaurants is the expense that you do not need in life. Covid helped normalize the extra useless expense and helped people save money on useless and meaningless leisure activities in entertainment industry, food industry, art, vacations etc all of which is essentially a waste of money. The same happiness can be achieved in variety of ways. Just need to train yourself to this different lifestyle and come out of the privileged lifestyle that we are all used to.
And no I don't feel bad for a business that is running of users vulnerability. $8 for a beer and $5 for a slice of pizza, which costs u less than a dollar each? No thx.
Time to respect the 9-5 working class.
Live like a hermit... what a RFD'er!
Aug 21, 2019
387 posts
248 upvotes
BC
Yeah I'm not risking Covid for unnecessary events, especially over priced reheated food. Truth is as the economy rebalances unnecessary leisure activities are going to go under.

And to people who say the risk is "essentially nothing". Face With Rolling Eyes Ughh

As for deals, the 10$ is a small discount considering how steep margins are in the restaurant industry.
May 21, 2009
98 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
BatmanDeals wrote: Yeah I'm not risking Covid for unnecessary events, especially over priced reheated food. Truth is as the economy rebalances unnecessary leisure activities are going to go under.

And to people who say the risk is "essentially nothing". Face With Rolling Eyes Ughh

As for deals, the 10$ is a small discount considering how steep margins are in the restaurant industry.
Everything about this post is wrong... good restaurants do not serve "over priced reheated food". This is not a McDonald's. Unnecessary leisure activities is pretty much the point of being humans with disposable income. The risk IS essentially nothing if you get takeout, which is accepted for this gift card. And restaurant margins are famously razor thin, or else they wouldn't upsell liquor constantly just to stay afloat.

Thanks for the post, OP. Found some gift cards I can use right away.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4692 posts
1147 upvotes
$25 for $35

Then they slap you with the COVID surcharge and mandatory tip. Not much of a "deal"
Let's hug it out
Jun 3, 2007
524 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
RCGA wrote: $25 for $35

Then they slap you with the COVID surcharge and mandatory tip. Not much of a "deal"
It is for those who were planning on dining out anyway.