Expired Hot Deals

[Ranch Fresh Supermarket] [Aroura, Ontario] Non-Medical KN95 Masks $12.99/20 Masks

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2020 10:57 am
[OP]
Apr 3, 2018
192 posts
145 upvotes

[Aroura, Ontario] Non-Medical KN95 Masks $12.99/20 Masks

Price:
Retailer:
Ranch Fresh Supermarket
Ranch Fresh Supermarket in Aroura, Ontario is selling Non-Medical KN95 Masks for $12.99 / 20 masks.

I was exposed to two coworkers with COVID wearing this mask and didn't contract the disease. So, I guess the mask is working.
Images
  • 1.png
  • 2.png
5 replies
Oct 26, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
are they still in stock in enough numbers at that store?
Apr 11, 2020
180 posts
263 upvotes
theposter wrote: Ranch Fresh Supermarket in Aroura, Ontario is selling Non-Medical KN95 Masks for $12.99 / 20 masks.

I was exposed to two coworkers with COVID wearing this mask and didn't contract the disease. So, I guess the mask is working.
Can you elaborate on how you were "exposed?" Did they cough at you, or are you saying you were just near them? You could sit next to an infected person everyday for their entire period of being infectious and not get it unless you inhaled droplets from their saliva/mucus, or got them in your eyes.

Infact, it's very possible masks increase likely hood of spread.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01658736

doctors wearing face masks had 4.7% post operative wound infection rates for patients.

those with no masks had 3.5%.

wearing a mask made infection 34% more likely.
Dec 9, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Windyt,

From the abstract in the study you linked:

"These results indicate that the use of face masks might be reconsidered. Masks may be used to protect the operating team from drops of infected blood and from airborne infections, but have not been proven to protect the patient operated by a healthy operating team."

Emphasis mine.
Mar 20, 2017
256 posts
389 upvotes
Windyt wrote: Can you elaborate on how you were "exposed?" Did they cough at you, or are you saying you were just near them? You could sit next to an infected person everyday for their entire period of being infectious and not get it unless you inhaled droplets from their saliva/mucus, or got them in your eyes.

Infact, it's very possible masks increase likely hood of spread.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01658736

doctors wearing face masks had 4.7% post operative wound infection rates for patients.

those with no masks had 3.5%.

wearing a mask made infection 34% more likely.
It's important for you to understand that you're citing an extremely old study and in the abstract itself mentions the results are not statistically significant.

Also the conditions mentioned are in an operating room, this is completely different when compared what we are experiencing.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1220321500

The above article supports face mask but is much more recent and been cited quite a few times.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2018
192 posts
145 upvotes
beamer554 wrote: are they still in stock in enough numbers at that store?
They have a lot left. I think there are at least 40-50 boxes at the entrance. Maybe more at the back. They have been selling this mask for few month now.