Automotive

Range Rover sport: lease or buy. New or used.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2016 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1374 posts
53 upvotes

Range Rover sport: lease or buy. New or used.

I am thinking of buying a Range Rover sport. What would be good source for information for calculating total cost of ownership on a lease (new) vs finance (new) vs finance (used CPO).

Looking for a good source of info on used values. New incentives and dealer prices etc.

Thanks.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29568 posts
15369 upvotes
Toronto
if buying used, you will for sure need to get extended warranty. I would imagine factory one will be asking $4-5000.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35698 posts
21798 upvotes
Center of Universe
RR = Lease
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4321 upvotes
RR's depreciate like crazy. Buy a lightly used one for best value.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1262 posts
706 upvotes
RR = Trouble, and the company doesn't care because they still sell.

JD Power Reliability Ratings by Brand: http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/Ve ... ake/846ENG

JD Power problems per 100 vehicles: http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2 ... -study-vds

Among luxury brands, EVERY SINGLE luxury brand except Range Rover scores above the industry average, while Range Rover is near the bottom of all brands.
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
multimut wrote: RR = Trouble, and the company doesn't care because they still sell.

JD Power Reliability Ratings by Brand: http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/Ve ... ake/846ENG

JD Power problems per 100 vehicles: http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2 ... -study-vds

Among luxury brands, EVERY SINGLE luxury brand except Range Rover scores above the industry average, while Range Rover is near the bottom of all brands.
Although I agree with you that they are consistently at the bottom, but Range Rover is just a suv name, not the brand name. Its called Land Rover lol.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
LSG19999 wrote: Range Rover is just a suv name, not the brand name. Its called Land Rover lol.
Because people only care about Range Rovers. It has become a brand name itself apart from Land Rover.

Land Rover ads should have this tag line: From the people that brought you Range Rover.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
It saddens me that people don't even know that Range Rover is a model not a brand.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
bombdiggity wrote: Because people only care about Range Rovers. It has become a brand name itself apart from Land Rover.

Land Rover ads should have this tag line: From the people that brought you Range Rover.
I couldn't give two shits about a Range Rover. A uk spec defender is the only good Land Rover currently available.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29568 posts
15369 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: It saddens me that people don't even know that Range Rover is a model not a brand.
... but that's like when people ask what car you are driving. The owner will say I drive a Carrera , rather than saying Porsche. :)
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: I couldn't give two shits about a Range Rover.
You're the minority. The soccer moms barely capable of parking their Autobiography care.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
bombdiggity wrote: You're the minority. The soccer moms barely capable of parking their Autobiography care.
And they're the bane of land rovers existence.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
bombdiggity wrote: You're the minority. The soccer moms barely capable of parking their Autobiography care.
I doubt that, the car can park itself, why would soccer moms even need to bother. :D
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: And they're the bane of land rovers existence.
They're probably the only/main reason Land Rover continues to exist today.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10654 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
bombdiggity wrote: They're probably the only/main reason Land Rover continues to exist today.
Might as well just die a respectable death than continue to churn out mall cruising soccer mom mobiles.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4565 posts
3792 upvotes
Oakville, ON
bomiheko wrote: I doubt that, the car can park itself, why would soccer moms even need to bother. :D
Self parking is for commoners, automatic self parking is for the nouveau rich, and pulling up to the door/curb and valet parking is for the RR driving gentry.