PC & Video Games

[Rant] UPS and TheSource don't care about Xbox series X shipping???

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 11:33 am
[OP]
Aug 3, 2011
413 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto

[Rant] UPS and TheSource don't care about Xbox series X shipping???

I don't know if this is allowed on this forum, but I want to share my frustration with the future xbox buyers.

I made an order of Xbox series X a few days ago on TheSource website.

Today, I saw an UPS truck stopped & driving away fast. No one knocked on my door, but I opened the door just in case (as I was waiting for my shipment). What I found in front of my door was a big box that was half-torned open. Thanks UPS...i knew you weren't good at your job, but this is another level.

Initially, I was worried that someone opened my box to steal my xbox. But the box felt heavy, which was a good sign.

When I opened the box, however, I was not also impressed on how it was packaged. There were two paper sheets on top of xbox box to provide the "cushion". No styrofoam packing peanuts for this 6kg shipment. I love how they treat the $600 console...

There were a few sign of my xbox possibly sliding side-to-side during the shipments...but at least the seals on my xbox box were intact. I'm gonna try to see if anything is wrong when I boot it up. Fingers crossed...
Images
  • edit 1.jpg
  • edit 2.jpg
  • edit 3.jpg
  • edit 4.jpg
  • edit 5.jpg
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7711 posts
1107 upvotes
Oh jeez, I hope everything works. Could just be a disgruntled employee, as I usually had a good experience with UPS. Either way, you got proof in case.
Keep us updated, and hopefully enjoy it
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2231 posts
3185 upvotes
Well it's a good thing MS packs the console in a nice thick foam shell.

That's brutal man...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4703 posts
2620 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Caerus wrote: Well it's a good thing MS packs the console in a nice thick foam shell.

That's brutal man...
Yeah

The console is so well protected that by itself it's an extremely good protection.

It suck though
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6674 posts
4751 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Well it's a good thing MS packs the console in a nice thick foam shell.

That's brutal man...
Agree - I think MS hired an unboxer to help create the packaging for the Xbox.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2231 posts
3185 upvotes
9394 wrote: Agree - I think MS hired an unboxer to help create the packaging for the Xbox.
MS took cues from their XAC controller and designed the packaging of the Series consoles with accessibility in mind for anyone with disabilities.

CC: Was the packaging designed with the XAC in mind and its ease of access?

Brannon Zahand: “Yes, the packaging for the Xbox Adaptive Controller was intentionally designed to be accessible and easy to open, and those same principles were applied to Xbox Series X|S. Our goal was to design the packaging with a larger group of people in mind so that the consoles are inclusive of the entire community.”
Microsoft took a cue from the design of the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) packaging when it came to boxing up its next-gen console. Xbox touted its “no teeth” approach to opening the XAC, intended to keep disabled people from having to resort to the common practice of using our teeth to open packages, and have implemented that same practice in the Xbox Series X.

The "no teeth" approach:

Really neat once you look further into it.