Entertainment

Rapper Nipsey Hussle killed in shooting outside his L.A. store

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 9:46 pm
18 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13531 posts
4045 upvotes
RFD
His last tweet is scary in that it's posted a few hours before he got shot and killed.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14614 posts
9000 upvotes
Toronto
^ yep, guy was a 'gangster' and got 'gangstered'. Too bad, sounded like he was trying to make a difference... But when you are tied to the crips, someone in the bloods will want to make a name for themselves.

Just another statistic.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
734 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: His last tweet is scary in that it's posted a few hours before he got shot and killed.
It has to be personal.

To hit him like that in front of his store that is gang neutral and they shot him in front of his daughter too. It seems like a demonstration.

5 to the body and 1 to the head is a work of a real hitman.

It is just sad because the guy gave back to the community. He was one of the few rappers that came from the bottom and when he became successful he really tried to uplift people.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
12008 posts
8697 upvotes
GTA, ON
A quote from your linked article:
Los Angeles Police Commissioner Steve Soboroff said Sunday night that he and Police Chief Michael Moore had been scheduled to meet with Hussle and representatives of Roc Nation, Jay-Z's entertainment agency and production company, on Monday to "talk about ways he could help stop gang violence and help us help kids."
This alone makes it plausible that the hit was ordered from within the Crips leadership.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13531 posts
4045 upvotes
RFD
kevindurant1 wrote: It has to be personal.

To hit him like that in front of his store that is gang neutral and they shot him in front of his daughter too. It seems like a demonstration.

5 to the body and 1 to the head is a work of a real hitman.

It is just sad because the guy gave back to the community. He was one of the few rappers that came from the bottom and when he became successful he really tried to uplift people.
Most definitely has to be in relation to what he knew and what he wanted to achieve for the community. He may have already known who his enemies were as he tweeted about that hours before. Someone he knew or someone he knew was upset at something he knew or uncovered and do didn't want it to come to light. Could be that documentary on Dr. Sebi everyone keeps talking about online.

Shooting in front of his daughter is brutal. What a traumatic experience for her. Wish she grows up and has a fulfilling life, though in cases like these it sure won't be easy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
853 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
He was a rapper. They all die violent deaths.
No one should be surprised.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 7, 2007
3752 posts
2073 upvotes
GTA
poleman wrote: He was a rapper. They all die violent deaths.
No one should be surprised.
Well that's a pretty dumb statement
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
853 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
ADRiiAN` wrote: Well that's a pretty dumb statement
Really? That was a dumb statement on my part? Please tell me why.
It seems several times a year a rapper is being shot and killed. Something to do with their lifestyle, their music, their message, their associates, or what?

Here, this will confirm how dumb my statement is:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _musicians

Over forty rappers shot and killed since 1987. Hmm, there's a message in there.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7412 posts
989 upvotes
Ottawa
Realistically, it's a problem for any former gang member that wants to quit the gang lifestyle and live an honest living; they've made so many enemies due to their past actions or actions of the gang that they're still at risk.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 7, 2007
3752 posts
2073 upvotes
GTA
poleman wrote: Really? That was a dumb statement on my part? Please tell me why.
It seems several times a year a rapper is being shot and killed. Something to do with their lifestyle, their music, their message, their associates, or what?

Here, this will confirm how dumb my statement is:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _musicians

Over forty rappers shot and killed since 1987. Hmm, there's a message in there.
“He was a rapper. They all die violent deaths”

Then you give me a link of only 40 rappers that were shot and killed since 1987. 32 years and approximately 40 rappers. So an average of 1 rapper a year.

So you think there are only 40 rappers in all of hip-hop?

Not only was your statement dumb, you seem to lack knowledge on the topic.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
853 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
ADRiiAN` wrote: “He was a rapper. They all die violent deaths”

Then you give me a link of only 40 rappers that were shot and killed since 1987. 32 years and approximately 40 rappers. So an average of 1 rapper a year.

So you think there are only 40 rappers in all of hip-hop?

Not only was your statement dumb, you seem to lack knowledge on the topic.
Your comments are all over the place.
Let's start with this one:
So you think there are only 40 rappers in all of hip-hop? . I assume you are referring to the 43 rappers that I mentioned above.
Well ADRiiAN, I feel safe assuming there are still some rappers alive which means there must have been more than 40 rappers in all of hip-hop. Right?
And now this one:
So an average of 1 rapper a year. No, it's more like 1.34 rappers. And if you look at 2019 stats, WOW, three already this year. That's well over the 1.34 average. Care to guess how many more rappers will die this year, or will it be just those three? Either way, 2019 blows the yearly average out of the water.
And finally:
Not only was your statement dumb, you seem to lack knowledge on the topic.
No, my statement was referring to FACTS ADRiiAN. We all know rappers are favourite targets when it comes to shooting practice. If anything is dumb, it's their lifestyle. And knowledge, hey, I just asked my friend GOOGLE.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 7, 2007
3752 posts
2073 upvotes
GTA
poleman wrote: Your comments are all over the place.
Let's start with this one:
So you think there are only 40 rappers in all of hip-hop? . I assume you are referring to the 43 rappers that I mentioned above.
Well ADRiiAN, I feel safe assuming there are still some rappers alive which means there must have been more than 40 rappers in all of hip-hop. Right?
And now this one:
So an average of 1 rapper a year. No, it's more like 1.34 rappers. And if you look at 2019 stats, WOW, three already this year. That's well over the 1.34 average. Care to guess how many more rappers will die this year, or will it be just those three? Either way, 2019 blows the yearly average out of the water.
And finally:
Not only was your statement dumb, you seem to lack knowledge on the topic.
No, my statement was referring to FACTS ADRiiAN. We all know rappers are favourite targets when it comes to shooting practice. If anything is dumb, it's their lifestyle. And knowledge, hey, I just asked my friend GOOGLE.
It's a shame that you can't see that your own facts contradict your original statement. You must be blinded by something. Maybe your hate for the genre?
There are thousands of rappers out there. Not all of them speak about gang violence. But that must be a very hard thing for you to comprehend, isn't it?

I guess if I said "All rockstars die of drugs". You understand the stupidity.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
5060 posts
2866 upvotes
Toronto
ADRiiAN` wrote: It's a shame that you can't see that your own facts contradict your original statement. You must be blinded by something. Maybe your hate for the genre?
There are thousands of rappers out there. Not all of them speak about gang violence. But that must be a very hard thing for you to comprehend, isn't it?

I guess if I said "All rockstars die of drugs". You understand the stupidity.
It's fairly clear that the contribution offered is scorn, prejudice, judgment, and a naive sense of superiority.
No one should be surprised.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
734 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: It's a shame that you can't see that your own facts contradict your original statement. You must be blinded by something. Maybe your hate for the genre?
There are thousands of rappers out there. Not all of them speak about gang violence. But that must be a very hard thing for you to comprehend, isn't it?

I guess if I said "All rockstars die of drugs". You understand the stupidity.
shikotee wrote: It's fairly clear that the contribution offered is scorn, prejudice, judgment, and a naive sense of superiority.
No one should be surprised.
+100000000
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
853 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
So tell me something, why do so many rappers die a violent death, shot and killed!
Is it their music? Does it send out violent messages that their fans feel they must react to, violently?
Or is it the competition, so many black youths that have been held down by the man and the only way to hit back at someone they perceive to be better then them is to kill them?
You people that are posting on here must have some idea or does the music justify the end?
What is it with this genre of music that so often elicits a violent response?

Oh, and KD, what does with +100000000? A hundred million is a big number.
kevindurant1 wrote: +100000000
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)

Top