Sports & Recreation

Raptors parade partying

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2009
1007 posts
254 upvotes

Raptors parade partying

Anyone have an idea if downtown is going to be lit Sunday night before the Monday parade or will it be more crazy post-parade into late Monday night?

I was going to take Monday morning off from work but I'm thinkin the city will party into Monday night so maybe taking off work on Tues is better...
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9345 posts
6963 upvotes
skwigglyline wrote: Anyone have an idea if downtown is going to be lit Sunday night before the Monday parade or will it be more crazy post-parade into late Monday night?

I was going to take Monday morning off from work but I'm thinkin the city will party into Monday night so maybe taking off work on Tues is better...
People will party during monday afternoon... maybe some fun after but no late night partying, that only happens the day a team wins...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 22, 2007
6315 posts
2032 upvotes
Caledon
which subway location is recommended and also close to the parade route ? we are coming with our 4yr old and 9yr old ..
Jr. Member
Mar 2, 2016
173 posts
88 upvotes
Mayoo wrote: which subway location is recommended and also close to the parade route ? we are coming with our 4yr old and 9yr old ..
https://www.google.com/amp/s/adequatema ... 771318/amp

Don't mean to be a buzz kill but give the article a read. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't and it can't be done but this provides some insight on what you can expect.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2012
1392 posts
500 upvotes
Narkham
What is everyone doing tmr? Lining up enroute or going straight for Nathan Phillips? How early should I get down if I want to go to Nathan Phillips..
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10204 posts
738 upvotes
Mayoo wrote: which subway location is recommended and also close to the parade route ? we are coming with our 4yr old and 9yr old ..
This is the first time this ever happened. No one knows. Its probably going to be packed everywhere you go.

If you are coming from Brampton, I would assume its better to just leave your car at a GO station and take the train to Union. Maybe go to King station and take a bus.

Once in a lifetime experience. Its worth it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1062 posts
480 upvotes
GTA
Anyone have any idea how packed Nathan Philips Sq is now?? Is there already a huge crowd? I have to drop my son off at daycare at 8:30am then I will GO train it down from Richmond Hill with 1 yr old and hubby. We should arrive by 9:30 into downtown core if no delays, but then if we get there at 9:30, we'll have to wait until 12ish until we see any action.

Sigh... if I had no kids, I'd be waiting right now by the stage :(
Why couldn't they win the champion few years ago when I had no kids :(
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 22, 2007
6315 posts
2032 upvotes
Caledon
kevindurant1 wrote: This is the first time this ever happened. No one knows. Its probably going to be packed everywhere you go.

If you are coming from Brampton, I would assume its better to just leave your car at a GO station and take the train to Union. Maybe go to King station and take a bus.

Once in a lifetime experience. Its worth it.
Heading to 407 and Jane new TTC line and going to park there at 7AM and take the TTC to St.Andrew to arrive around 8AM... God Bless us
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9345 posts
6963 upvotes
Didi_beee wrote: Anyone have any idea how packed Nathan Philips Sq is now?? Is there already a huge crowd? I have to drop my son off at daycare at 8:30am then I will GO train it down from Richmond Hill with 1 yr old and hubby. We should arrive by 9:30 into downtown core if no delays, but then if we get there at 9:30, we'll have to wait until 12ish until we see any action.

Sigh... if I had no kids, I'd be waiting right now by the stage :(
Why couldn't they win the champion few years ago when I had no kids :(
Good luck... the place will be super packed by 9:30am...and taking a one year old too... oof good luck lol
Sr. Member
Feb 2, 2017
964 posts
801 upvotes
I think it might be packed cause it was packed at the airport when they came back early in the morning!

It may be a once in a lifetime thing so might be worth it! I can go check how packed it is right now and maybe take some pics

edit: Yup people are already there, lots of families with kids too, it's gonna be amazing!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba ... ip-parade/
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1062 posts
480 upvotes
GTA
l1197493 wrote: I think it might be packed cause it was packed at the airport when they came back early in the morning!

It may be a once in a lifetime thing so might be worth it! I can go check how packed it is right now and maybe take some pics

edit: Yup people are already there, lots of families with kids too, it's gonna be amazing!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba ... ip-parade/
Damn... thanks for the clip.

I’m so sad... guess I’ll play it safe and find somewhere else to view it. My pvr is broken, I can’t even record it. I want to see the event on broadcast. I know it is live streamed, but will it be available on te internet afterwards?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2010
3348 posts
1360 upvotes
Watching the morning news now to try to figure out where to go first. We can't decide whether to start at the beginning of the parade by the Ex or park our asses near Nathan Phillips Square? I live downtown and will leave my place around 7:30am.

Definitely not for the faint-hearted. Let's see the numbers at noon and find out if it really hits the 2 million people mark?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 17, 2017
2233 posts
1114 upvotes
Is following the float from the ex a good idea,? Lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1062 posts
480 upvotes
GTA
Crowd at Nathan Philips looks half full for the sq. Mayor Tory is already there.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4472 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
ahlong wrote: Is following the float from the ex a good idea,? Lol
As long as you're on a bicycle. I was going to do that. By the time you get to Nathan Square, it'll be jammed pack probably can't see the stage.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)