Sports & Recreation

Raptor's shooting suspect

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9188 posts
514 upvotes

Raptor's shooting suspect

So apparently the guys arrested wasnt the shooter. The guns recovered didnt match the casings.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/06/18/ ... ors-rally/

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-seekin ... -1.4471394
Police had recovered two guns related to the shooting but Saunders explained that those guns do not match the one that was discharged based on the casings found at the scene. Police are still looking for a third firearm, the one they say was used to shoot at the event.
That person is described as a white male between five-foot-nine and six feet, with short, light brown hair and a heavy build. He was wearing a white button-down t-shirt and was last seen running westbound on Queen Street, Saunders said.

I know some people here went and might have a video or seen something. You just never know right?.

This fool needs to get caught.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
42 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4508 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
So how many people are carrying guns yesterday? they need to do some security screening for these events.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9188 posts
514 upvotes
marktang wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 3:40 pm
So how many people are carrying guns yesterday? they need to do some security screening for these events.
Its downtown. Guns have always been around but if foot traffic was controlled, it would have been more safe.

As we are all finding out right now, the planning was terrible. Kids could have died from the heat. People had to endure hours of no food.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2213 posts
641 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 3:52 pm
Its downtown. Guns have always been around but if foot traffic was controlled, it would have been more safe.

As we are all finding out right now, the planning was terrible. Kids could have died from the heat. People had to endure hours of no food.
I am hardcore. I do this every day!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28558 posts
14332 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:

Do other cities plan for a championship win, just in case?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40954 posts
4730 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 3:37 pm
So apparently the guys arrested wasnt the shooter. The guns recovered didnt match the casings.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/06/18/ ... ors-rally/

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-seekin ... -1.4471394

I know some people here went and might have a video or seen something. You just never know right?.

This fool needs to get caught.
Time to deport him back!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4939 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote:
Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. They caught someone carrying a gun, but it was the wrong person with a gun?
Geez how many people come strapped? Is that a must for parades? Make sure to bring water, food, proper footwear, and your favourite pistol hahaha wtf
Dec 8, 2010
120 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 4:10 pm
Do other cities plan for a championship win, just in case?
Well we are probably the largest market that has the least experience... if only the Leafs win a few more times lol.

And the turnout of 2M people. I didn’t believe it until I experienced it yesterday. It’s A LOT OF people !
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11443 posts
458 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:

Enduring hours of no food is not an issue. Feeling hungry is not an emergency. Water may be.

But people are capable of drinking water when they are thirsty, no?
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4452 posts
846 upvotes
Abbottabad
Thought this thread was about Raptor's 3-pt shooting percentage.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11224 posts
1864 upvotes
marktang wrote:
Baby steps... maybe add a few barricades first.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2263 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 7:39 pm
Thought this thread was about Raptor's 3-pt shooting percentage.
That was early playoffs, where every time the ball was passed to Gasol at the 3-line, I kept cursing and begging that he would not take the shot. It was such a pleasure to have that feeling of dread dissolve when he eventually got out of his slump.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9188 posts
514 upvotes
mbg wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 6:50 pm
Enduring hours of no food is not an issue. Feeling hungry is not an emergency. Water may be.

But people are capable of drinking water when they are thirsty, no?
Some of them have been there since the night before. Low blood sugar or dehydration could happen to one of those people.

That is at least 60k people in that square. They cant leave or you lose your spot. They are essentially trapped if something goes down.

That is not the way to handle a big event. That is chaos waiting to happen.
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11443 posts
458 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 8:21 pm
Some of them have been there since the night before. Low blood sugar or dehydration could happen to one of those people.

That is at least 60k people in that square. They cant leave or you lose your spot. They are essentially trapped if something goes down.

That is not the way to handle a big event. That is chaos waiting to happen.
To be honest, I’m tired of people thinking that everyone needs babysitting. If you can’t think ahead to this minor degree then if this doesn’t kill you something else will.

Surely the solution isn’t 1 million plastic water bottles.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9188 posts
514 upvotes
mbg wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 8:31 pm
To be honest, I’m tired of people thinking that everyone needs babysitting. If you can’t think ahead to this minor degree then if this doesn’t kill you something else will.

Surely the solution isn’t 1 million plastic water bottles.

People who went there said they couldnt get out of their spot to get water or go to the bathroom because it was so packed and they would have lost their spot.

It is not "babysitting". Its common sense. If you expected 2 million people, you need to make sure everyone is safe.

I dont even know why you are here posting your nonsense view of the world. Face With Tears Of Joy. No one cares.