• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2021 7:44 am
[OP]
Oct 18, 2009
60 posts
8 upvotes
North York

Rat extermination service recommendations

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a pest control service in Toronto that can properly investigate where rats are coming from in a home? All the companies I have seen so far only examine superficially the exterior and interior, put bait stations etc. But this is not going to help because they are coming from underground possible sewer system or foundation, but we don't have the equipment to find out where the exact entry point is. I saw some videos on youtube of companies that use smoke, also cameras to help pinpoint where the damage exactly is so that they can repair it.

The closest I could find is this place but it's in Quebec - https://www.novaextermination.com/en/smoke-test/

If anyone knows a company in Toronto that does something similar please let me know. Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1213 posts
314 upvotes
Vancouver
My last experience with mice pest control is just like you said. They only examine the gap/crack superficially. Put in bait station and hope for the best.

That being said, they charge ~$200....so i don't think you should expect a thorough check at that price point.

Recently, i had a squirrel issue, and I paid ~$1k to request a thorough check and put mesh on the vents. It took close to 9 hours and involve going to the roof with certain level of risk.
Nov 12, 2012
132 posts
130 upvotes
BINBROOK
erotavlas wrote: Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a pest control service in Toronto that can properly investigate where rats are coming from in a home? All the companies I have seen so far only examine superficially the exterior and interior, put bait stations etc. But this is not going to help because they are coming from underground possible sewer system or foundation, but we don't have the equipment to find out where the exact entry point is. I saw some videos on youtube of companies that use smoke, also cameras to help pinpoint where the damage exactly is so that they can repair it.

The closest I could find is this place but it's in Quebec - https://www.novaextermination.com/en/smoke-test/

If anyone knows a company in Toronto that does something similar please let me know. Thanks
Raider Wildlife were excellent, not sure if they come to North York or not. They found out how they were getting in and sealed off entry points. I lived in townhouse and they were coming through the neighbours ac/hot tub lines. It would have to be a decent sized hole for rats to get through.