Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
RateSupermarket.ca

$50 e-Gift Card with Select Credit Cards Approvals

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 2:28 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 11, 2019
91 posts
171 upvotes

$50 e-Gift Card with Select Credit Cards Approvals

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 1, 2020
Retailer:
RateSupermarket.ca
Apply for one of the credit cards below through RateSupermarket.ca and receive a $50 e-Gift card (Amazon.ca/BestBuy/Cineplex/iTunes) upon approval.

Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card
* Additonal $250 bonus if you spend $5,000 in first 3 months! *

Tangerine World Mastercard
* Additonal $250 bonus if you spend $5,000 in first 3 months! *

President's Choice Financial Mastercard

Scotiabank Gold American Express Card

https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals
18 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
302 posts
365 upvotes
Yonge Street
$50 + $250 on Tangerine cards = HAWT!
Last edited by JavierX on Feb 4th, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3673 posts
3765 upvotes
Used to be $100. Then $75. Now $50. Deal is warmish.
Member
Sep 21, 2008
402 posts
43 upvotes
Does the tangerine card work if you're already a tangerine customer?
Sr. Member
Jan 8, 2009
860 posts
1178 upvotes
GCR gives $55 for signup of the Tangerine card, in cold hard CASH
Newbie
Jan 9, 2011
63 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
GCR also gives $60 for the Scotia Gold Amex.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 11, 2017
189 posts
179 upvotes
Wakkanai
PTMBAA wrote: GCR gives $55 for signup of the Tangerine card, in cold hard CASH
GCR was $85 just a few days ago.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
2045 posts
3203 upvotes
Onterrible
Grabbed the PC World Elite last week for the 75k points deal...

If I go through the motions on this sign up offer, it just brings you to the normal PCF sign up site with no specific URL after it loads...you just provide your name/email/phone on the RateSupermarket site with your choice of GC. If I do that and I receive my card this week, think it could sneak through the system?

Technically, I did sign up with them and get approved for the card (just not in that order lol). Will they just be looking for people's info and see if they were approved (and hopefully not focus too hard on date lol).
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1064 posts
455 upvotes
Vancouver
Otakoo wrote: GCR was $85 just a few days ago.
The offer was not for the new $250 signup bonus for $5,000 spend on the Tangerine Mastercards. It was just 4% cash back in two select categories of your choosing for 90 days.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2011
750 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto
Ballmer wrote: Apply for one of the credit cards below through RateSupermarket.ca and receive a $50 e-Gift card (Amazon.ca/BestBuy/Cineplex/iTunes) upon approval.

Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card
* Additonal $250 bonus if you spend $5,000 in first 3 months! *

Tangerine World Mastercard
* Additonal $250 bonus if you spend $5,000 in first 3 months! *

President's Choice Financial Mastercard

Scotiabank Gold American Express Card

https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals
Don't forget the Scene Card if you like your movies! :D
Earn 2,500 bonus SCENE points with your first $500 in everyday purchases in first 3 months
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 11, 2018
27 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Great. Thanks for this. I was just looking for the comparisons.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1097 posts
1564 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeTO2 wrote: Don't forget the Scene Card if you like your movies! :D
Earn 2,500 bonus SCENE points with your first $500 in everyday purchases in first 3 months
I would advise never to get that card unless your credit score is really bad to get any other cards. Sign up bonus is extremely low compare to other cards.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2011
750 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto
taya1214 wrote: I would advise never to get that card unless your credit score is really bad to get any other cards. Sign up bonus is extremely low compare to other cards.
Seems like this might be a good student card?
Member
Feb 2, 2011
254 posts
49 upvotes
5000 limit for tangerine in 90 days seems pretty high. Not that easy for most
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2011
750 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto
ediasn wrote: 5000 limit for tangerine in 90 days seems pretty high. Not that easy for most
Mothers day is coming up :D
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
With all these min balances you end up spending more than you should. To do 5 grand youll need to entirely change up your credit card and use this as primary card, and then pretty much stack up on giftcards, which are another headache altogether. When you finally redeem the points in a few months youll need to call and cancel.

IMO, $300 seems like its a lot up front, but chances are you'll be overspending much more than that while getting to $5,000. Even a 10% spending increase because of this card is $500. That doesnt even factor in time and the 2% cash back youre already getting on your main card
Newbie
Dec 28, 2011
8 posts
I am still waiting for my Amazon gift card from last time. Waited more than a month. Raised support ticket with them after that. It's been more than 3 weeks now and still no response. So I basically used up their referral code and they ended up making money on my behalf. Me naada.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2011
750 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto
samar4402004 wrote: I am still waiting for my Amazon gift card from last time. Waited more than a month. Raised support ticket with them after that. It's been more than 3 weeks now and still no response. So I basically used up their referral code and they ended up making money on my behalf. Me naada.
I would follow up. I've heard of some waits, but everyone usually gets it.

Top