RAV4 Hybrid Limited VS Escape Ti
Looking at RAV4 Hybrid Limited (best deal I could find is 46K with tax included; did anybody else get better deals) VS
Ford Escape Ti (best deal I could find is 35.6K with tax included)
Have always been a Toyota fan. Had 2 Toyota cars in the past with no serious issues, never left me stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Is the RAV4 Hybrid Ltd that much better than an Escape Hybrid Ti to justify the 10K difference?
From reading online, RAV4 main cons is the higher price.
- better interior, acceleration, reliability (less time/visits to dealer for random repairs?)
- better resale value (shouldn't matter much if I drive till the car die?)
Escape main pros is the price, but the cons including poor QC (higher chance of getting a lemon? not going to last as long? might die in the middle of nowhere?,) poor interior (I don't really mind as long as it doesn't fall apart which seemed to happen to some per some online complaints. The Escape also seems to have slightly better fuel economy according to head-to-head reviews.
I also consider the 2022 Tucson Hybrid, but possibly no deal because the car is so new?
- Ruled out the CRV due to no hybrid/unreliable turbo engine (oil dilution/no heat).
- No Mazda due to personal preference
- Also looked at the Rogue Platinum and Forester Limited (no hybrids for both) but dealers said best price at 44K with tax, so almost the same price as the RAV4 Hybrid Limited.
I'm leaning toward the Escape as an RFD member saving money is important, but not if it's going to cost more money/time/headache in the long run. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: Just to clarify, the price is for the Escape Hybrid Titanium (Ti for Titanium)