• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 3:58 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2011
269 posts
502 upvotes
Fraser Valley

[Amazon.ca] RAVPower 45W PD GaN Tech Compact Charger $19.99 Discounted 41%

This is a 45W Power Delivery charger from RAVPower. It is extremely compact GaN charger with a foldable plug. I puchased this for $36 and thought it was a good price for my Microsoft Surface 7 and charge directly through the USB-C port. The sale price of $19.99 is the lowest price ever according to 3C. I've had very good success with RAVPower products over the last couple of years.

• Output PD 3.0: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A
  • Dimensions: 72 x 54 x 14.2 mm / 2.83 x 2.12 x 0.56 inch
  • Weight: 75g

RavPower Gan Charger.png
20 replies
Nov 7, 2011
623 posts
510 upvotes
British Columbia
These are the best chargers. So small, so powerful. I have three. The black ones look better on person than on amazon. Buy buy buy.
Last edited by The Tee Daught on Jul 7th, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 15, 2019
151 posts
222 upvotes
Don't mean to be mean, but it's been posted recently:
amazon-ca-ravpower-45w-pd-gan-tech-comp ... 1-2386749/

Bought one, very happy with it. It's soooooooo tiny. Had to buy some random stuff to go up to free shipping and for a moment while unpacking I thought it was missing - nope hidden in the corner :P
Jan 31, 2018
625 posts
1105 upvotes
Winnipeg
The Tee Daught wrote: These are the best chargers. So small, so powerful. I have three. The black ones look better on person than on amazon. Buy buy buy.
rokask wrote: Don't mean to be mean, but it's been posted recently:
amazon-ca-ravpower-45w-pd-gan-tech-comp ... 1-2386749/

Bought one, very happy with it. It's soooooooo tiny. Had to buy some random stuff to go up to free shipping and for a moment while unpacking I thought it was missing - nope hidden in the corner :P
I second both of your positive experiences. Awesome travel charger for my X1 Yoga Gen 4.

The other thread didn't seem to get much traction, so the repost is AOK IMO. Upvotes for both threads.
Jun 15, 2019
151 posts
222 upvotes
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: I second both of your positive experiences. Awesome travel charger for my X1 Yoga Gen 4.

The other thread didn't seem to get much traction, so the repost is AOK IMO. Upvotes for both threads.
What the heck, you're right - no need to be stingy with the upvotes!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4302 posts
1553 upvotes
GTA
Anyone have any size comparison pictures? I searched for a youtube review or something but the ones I came upon didn't make it look all that small to me. May have been an older model though.
Sep 26, 2013
58 posts
97 upvotes
this needs type C on both ends? i have a s20 plus and a wireless charger that both needs fast charge 3. but i dont have any cable with type C on both ends. does it come with a cable?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3078 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
Does this take up both wall plugs?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14116 posts
5300 upvotes
Ottawa
azraelluz wrote: this needs type C on both ends? i have a s20 plus and a wireless charger that both needs fast charge 3. but i dont have any cable with type C on both ends. does it come with a cable?
No cable.

Secondly, the S20 phones need PD 3.0 PPS, which this charger doesn't support. You need to stick with the Samsung chargers
Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 7th, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3078 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: I second both of your positive experiences. Awesome travel charger for my X1 Yoga Gen 4.

I've got a gen3 so charges the laptop no issue?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14116 posts
5300 upvotes
Ottawa
shylok wrote: Does this take up both wall plugs?
One of the amazon reviews said that two of these will work on the same wall plug. So I would guess that the other wall plug is still usable mostly
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14116 posts
5300 upvotes
Ottawa
john widow wrote: How much mAh storage capacity is this?
wha? This is a wall charger. No storage capacity