Fashion & Beauty

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 8:50 am
May 29, 2012
55 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
Matryx wrote: What kind of jeans are those? That's a nice length also. How much longer do you leave it from the ground when the tailor measure you with your hem? Also where you get that hemmed?
Those look like APC petit standards, and it looks like he just left them the way they were and stacked them.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3473 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1582 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Is the first one a Euro? Looks mighty unclean.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3473 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
Firebolt wrote: Is the first one a Euro? Looks mighty unclean.
I just told the tailor that I wanted the original hem. I'm guessing that is known as the eurohem isn't it?

I'm going to get the my other ones done at Magic Tailor across from the Eaton center. They got really good reviews from yelp.

Btw thachingster you're getting the APC PS hemmed? Where if you don't mind me asking?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1582 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote: I just told the tailor that I wanted the original hem. I'm guessing that is known as the eurohem isn't it?

I'm going to get the my other ones done at Magic Tailor across from the Eaton center. They got really good reviews from yelp.

Btw thachingster you're getting the APC PS hemmed? Where if you don't mind me asking?
If would seem like euro except they cut the fabric where in euro it's supposed to remain intact. Seems very sloppily done overall.

ThaChingster is probably going to show you a picture of his Naked and Famous Herringbone that he had hemmed normally with lock stitching.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3473 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
So I'm going to another tailor tomorrow. What should I be telling my tailor? I wanted shorten but I didn't like how it was done seen on my previous post. Just tell him to hem it to look like the original with a lock stitch?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3473 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: Just ordered a pair of Naked and Famous for 40% off at Underworld. Not that many sizes left but for 40% off you can't complain.
I got Weird guy Size 30 in Indigo. Will post pics once they arrive. Came up to 87.59 after taxes and ship.
https://www.underworld-shop.com/client/ ... desc&size=
lol. Don't tempt me. I must resist. ahh ***** it. I'm just going to get me one.

I need some help in sizing

I'm thinking of ordering the N&F Weird guy 30 and I'm not sure if they will fit me. Don't have time to go try them out

I wear APC NS 31 and it was a bit tight. While the N&F Slim Guy dirty fade 31 is a bit loose. My Unbranded UB301 in 33 are a bit loose also.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3438 posts
861 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Sorry to say but that's a half ***** job your tailor did there. All of my jeans were euro-hemmed by the same person professionally and mine looks nothing like that.

Not only that, but you had the responsibility to inform your tailor that you intended to cuff your selvedge. If you did, the lining of the reattachment would've been alot higher.
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/4tn7yt.jpg[/IMG]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1582 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote: So I'm going to another tailor tomorrow. What should I be telling my tailor? I wanted shorten but I didn't like how it was done seen on my previous post. Just tell him to hem it to look like the original with a lock stitch?
My advice is to just hem them with a lock stitch. Simple and clean.
Feb 24, 2010
9 posts
My 3 year old nudie ripped the other day and now I have to buy a new denim.
Anyone know if there is a store in Toronto that sells April77 jeans?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1375 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: Just ordered a pair of Naked and Famous for 40% off at Underworld. Not that many sizes left but for 40% off you can't complain.
I got Weird guy Size 30 in Indigo. Will post pics once they arrive. Came up to 87.59 after taxes and ship.
https://www.underworld-shop.com/client/ ... desc&size=
Why are there two version of the skinny guy broken twill o.0?
kthxbye
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
import_nation wrote: Why are there two version of the skinny guy broken twill o.0?
alot of other sites do this too (karmaloop, ssense), i have no idea why, maybe new shipment?