Fashion & Beauty

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 8:50 am
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2949 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
yeah i would do a soak and wash them. Sucks they iron your denim.
Member
Mar 5, 2008
415 posts
90 upvotes
Did uniqlo stop making their Japanese Selvedge denim? I dont see it on their website anymore.
Newbie
Dec 6, 2009
18 posts
9 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Blue Owl is having a sale,
it's not that much off, but better than nothing? :razz:
"From today until Memorial Day, Monday, May 27th, 11:59pm Seattle time, 15% off denim, leather, chinos, pants. 25% off everything else like t-shirts, hoodies, etc.
Also applies to sale items. Blue Owl Collabs and special orders are excluded. Shipping over $100 is free to USA/Canada, $10 under $100 after the discount."

just have to email them "private sale" after you order online

http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/bin/s ... ge=welcome
http://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/commen ... off_denim/
Newbie
Apr 18, 2009
16 posts
1 upvote
I know Nudies aren't that popular here but how does $80 for a pair of Grim Tims sound?

Also, how do you guys store your denim when you're not wearing them? Just fold them? Does that affect your honeycombs/creases?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
Nudies are still loved. 80 forany bnwt Nudies is a good deal. When storing my jeans, I have those clothing hangers with 2 clips
Sr. Member
Apr 28, 2004
705 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
othc1120 wrote: I know Nudies aren't that popular here but how does $80 for a pair of Grim Tims sound?

Also, how do you guys store your denim when you're not wearing them? Just fold them? Does that affect your honeycombs/creases?
$80 is a good deal.

I'm not too sure if folding them affects the creases, honeycombs, and fades.

I hang them using this:
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6351/hangerl.jpg[/IMG]
Newbie
Apr 18, 2009
16 posts
1 upvote
anyone care to weigh in on other brands like carhartt, gstar, diesel, cheap monday, scotch & soda, etc?
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5732 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
achineseguy wrote: Nudies are still loved. 80 forany bnwt Nudies is a good deal. When storing my jeans, I have those clothing hangers with 2 clips
+1... I bought a pair for about $100 when I went to NYC years ago... they were like half price. I'm in the market for a new pair because I blew out the seat on them. I just like how the material is not crazy thick so they aren't too bad in the summer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2008
1609 posts
4 upvotes
What's a good brand & cut if I'm looking for denim with a roomy thigh, but with a nice taper below the knee?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
megalison wrote: What's a good brand & cut if I'm looking for denim with a roomy thigh, but with a nice taper below the knee?
Entry level - naked and famous weird guy, usually size down 1,
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2008
1609 posts
4 upvotes
I've tried N&F Weird Guy - taper isn't enough and thigh is too skinny for my tastes, although I'm thinking about just buying a pair and having them altered.
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
megalison wrote: I've tried N&F Weird Guy - taper isn't enough and thigh is too skinny for my tastes, although I'm thinking about just buying a pair and having them altered.
try Nudie tape ted, strong taper but the back yoke is loooooooow
Sr. Member
Apr 28, 2004
705 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
purebluejapan wrote: BAM. Too many pairs, not enough legs. Added 2 new pairs to the collection since I last posted.
Definitely too many pairs; they all look new/unworn o.O

...pbj, dh, jb, ??, ??, ??, ??
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1199 posts
394 upvotes
MARKHAM
icetink wrote: Definitely too many pairs; they all look new/unworn o.O

...pbj, dh, jb, ??, ??, ??, ??
pbj,dior,ronherman,
good try tho ;)

I'm a denim ***** , I have some more in my closet, I have many worn ones.
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
How do you like the heavy dyed PJB? im looking to purchase a pair with a very deep/dark indigo dye and was wondering how they would fade

Top