Fashion & Beauty

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 8:50 am
Oct 29, 2012
90 posts
4 upvotes
KITCHENER
I didnt know redflags had a selvage discussion thread!
Im currently wearing my ele3's that i picked up at the Loop in Waterloo, been wearing them nonstop for a week now and even one session of climbing last week. Going to be wearing them climbing tonight again and i can already see fades beginning in the crotch and the back pockets already have fades from my phone and wallet.

So far these have been my favourite pair of raws. my past denim have been n&f black selvedge, deep indigo, and big slub
Jul 13, 2008
26655 posts
18588 upvotes
GTA
Picked up a pair of Baldwin 77's 2 days ago from dutil. Does anyone know where I can go to get them chain stitched and hemmed in Markham/Toronto?
Jul 13, 2008
26655 posts
18588 upvotes
GTA
Irbe wrote: You not going to find a place in Markham. I heard http://www.dutildenim.com/ might, but maybe only if you buy denim from them
I actually bought my jeans from dutil and asked the woman working there if they did hemming or tapering services and she said they didn't. Wtf ..
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Dutil nice store for raw denim. I personally think selvedge denim is a bit overrated. Coming from a guy who used to sell a lot of jeans. What do you guys think?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
its over rated because everybody is doing it now. Just because something is selvage doesn't mean that much these days. I still think Japanese denim houses still making mind blowing jeans.
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
I think raw, selvage denim is more popular than it ever has been. The obsession with "sick fades" is kind of nauseating though. That being said, I haven't bought anything other than raw denim since probably around 2007 because anything washed or pre-distressed just looks so tacky to me now.
Jul 13, 2008
26655 posts
18588 upvotes
GTA
millow wrote: I think raw, selvage denim is more popular than it ever has been. The obsession with "sick fades" is kind of nauseating though. That being said, I haven't bought anything other than raw denim since probably around 2007 because anything washed or pre-distressed just looks so tacky to me now.
Once you go raw, you never go back.
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
What kinda brands did you sell ghostface?
+1 for can't go back
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
Care for raw denim or not? Also price range.
Can't go wrong with Levis black 511s.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Looking to get a black pair, slim fit.. Any recommendations?
Jimbo, mutton head has their warehouse sale with n&f atm. Yiu can check it out for both muttonhead chinos and n&f hopefully.
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)