733 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
How’s the return? Any hassles?
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Nov 26, 2013
26 posts
12 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Returns are easy-ish. Exchanges are non-existent. You send back and buy whatever it was you meant to buy at whatever the current website price is. No matching of what you had originally paid.
Jan 26, 2011
151 posts
461 upvotes
Scarborough
maple1 wrote: There is 25% off code for lens upgrades as well on the site.
You can only use one code per order I believe. Around January Clearly had a sale on Ray Ban that didn't use a code.
Jun 27, 2006
897 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto
Anonanon wrote: You can only use one code per order I believe. Around January Clearly had a sale on Ray Ban that didn't use a code.
Your are right. My bad.
Aug 16, 2009
388 posts
293 upvotes
fboybcb wrote: How’s the return? Any hassles?
I'll find out today.
Got 2 pair of the Caravan 55mm and they are too small, should have got the 58mm which are now out of stock for the ones I wanted.
Aug 16, 2009
388 posts
293 upvotes
fboybcb wrote: How’s the return? Any hassles?
I couldn't get the online return request to work.
Maybe because I tried only an hour after receiving the glasses and UPS hadn't updated the delivery status or something.
I called customer service and got someone right away.
I asked for help with returning the glasses and she sent me a return slip for free return shipping by email.
No fuss, no muss.

Great customer service.
Apr 16, 2011
586 posts
150 upvotes
Anonanon wrote: I may be blind, no pun intended, but where do I pick prescription sunglasses option?
I don't think you can buy prescription anything on the website. I tried during the 50% off deal during boxing dale/Christmas couldn't find anything. I think you have to get it off clearly.ca if you want prescription.
Jan 26, 2011
151 posts
461 upvotes
Scarborough
jronald wrote: I think you have to get it off clearly.ca if you want prescription.
That's where I usually get mine. They have good and frequent sales. If anyone is looking to try Clearly, note that once you go with prescriptions their lenses are in-house so they don't have the Ray Ban logo on them. Also, their default lense color which is Grey looks nothing like the photos, it's got a very bluish tint and doesn't look as dark as I want (supposedly 80% darkness). I had to return mine and redo it when their Ray Bans were on sale again.
Dec 18, 2012
83 posts
87 upvotes
North York
Sorry to revive a dated thread.... but anyone that's bought, have you got your glasses? My shipping status says "Clearance in Progress" - not sure what that's all about since I bought it on rayban.ca and already paid taxes on it.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2005
85 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
p2bc14 wrote: Sorry to revive a dated thread.... but anyone that's bought, have you got your glasses? My shipping status says "Clearance in Progress" - not sure what that's all about since I bought it on rayban.ca and already paid taxes on it.
I got mine, it gets shipped from the US but it’s very quick. 3-4 days to Ontario. You’re not liable for any duties, etc ofcourse.
Dec 18, 2012
83 posts
87 upvotes
North York
nosft wrote: I got mine, it gets shipped from the US but it’s very quick. 3-4 days to Ontario. You’re not liable for any duties, etc ofcourse.
Okay, thanks for that info. I ordered on the 1st... not sure why mine is taking so long!
Aug 16, 2009
388 posts
293 upvotes
Dandada wrote: I couldn't get the online return request to work.
Maybe because I tried only an hour after receiving the glasses and UPS hadn't updated the delivery status or something.
I called customer service and got someone right away.
I asked for help with returning the glasses and she sent me a return slip for free return shipping by email.
No fuss, no muss.

Great customer service.
Buyer beware! I spoke to soon.
- 3 calls to the call center
- 2 email froms through the website
- 4 messages on Facebook
Still nothing to organize a return.

Per the FB page, it seems to be an issue for Canadians.