501 posts
291 upvotes
Canada

RAZER Cyber Weekend Deals *Razer Phone $505*

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Razer Canada
Saw some warm deals for Razer's sale.

What caught my attention was the original Razer phone for $505 + tax.

I get that the Razer phone 2 is better with a much better screen etc, but at $500 for a brand new phone with great speakers, 120 Hz screen (horrible camera) and unique features, it's a pretty good deal. I'm more of a pixel guy, but this thing has 8GB RAM and would be a great gaming phone. Nice built in DAC with HDR screen (although dim). Checking Kijiji, the phones seem to be selling between $500-$600.

If you don't like the phone, please don't be a hater. This would be geared toward those that want a phone like this and at about $400 off, not bad.

There are other deals, but not as hot although the Blackwidow Orange switch keyboard is not bad either.

https://www.razer.com/ca-en/mobile/razer-phone

Cheers
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1514 posts
746 upvotes
I’m so outdated, I thought the Moto Razr was making a return. A bit disappointed lol.
Thanks OP, looks good
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1587 posts
1067 upvotes
I agree... post is good ( so OP, no worry about being flamed.. )

I am sure someone that admires the Razer brand a lot and always wanted a Razer branded phone would find this deal attractive.

but personally I wouldn't purchase it for myself due to it being a snapdragon 835... a bit outdated now.
Jan 9, 2017
94 posts
78 upvotes
Okay deal. I got the OnePlus 6 for $480 CAD and $20 express shipping from a Chinese site during the Nov 11 sale whichI feel was a way better deal. Also saved a ton on tax since the only taxes I payed was $28 in customs. Pretty sure buying local would have charged way more cause of full taxes.
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
501 posts
291 upvotes
Canada
lemon07r wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 7:10 pm
Okay deal. I got the OnePlus 6 for $480 CAD and $20 express shipping from a Chinese site during the Nov 11 sale whichI feel was a way better deal. Also saved a ton on tax since the only taxes I payed was $28 in customs. Pretty sure buying local would have charged way more cause of full taxes.
Yeah, they're both different phones. PROS and CONS to each.

When added to cart, shipping was free because over $109 to qualify and I was just charged GST, so tax wasn't much.

Cheers
Jul 20, 2016
23 posts
9 upvotes
The price is really good. The only real downsides i've seen is the subpar camera and the boxy shape. But that 120 hz screen though. Great find OP!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7669 posts
3125 upvotes
MVRD
FYI...this is last year's model with the SD835.
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
501 posts
291 upvotes
Canada
chatbox wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:00 pm
FYI...this is last year's model with the SD835.
As mentioned in my original post, but thanks for the clarification. Don't want people assuming it's the newer one. The newer one goes for twice the price however.

Cheers
Dec 14, 2011
61 posts
42 upvotes
St. John's
PannTher wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:07 pm
As mentioned in my original post, but thanks for the clarification. Don't want people assuming it's the newer one. The newer one goes for twice the price however.

Cheers
Regardless, last years model is still a great phone and this is an awesome price. Thanks for the share
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
501 posts
291 upvotes
Canada
It's purchased from their Canadian site, so my assumption is that there would be no duty. That should all be reflected in their price.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1050 posts
231 upvotes
Antarctica
Not a bad phone. I am sure the SD835 can still handle all the games fine.
Jan 9, 2017
94 posts
78 upvotes
PannTher wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 7:44 pm
Yeah, they're both different phones. PROS and CONS to each.

When added to cart, shipping was free because over $109 to qualify and I was just charged GST, so tax wasn't much.

Cheers
I think the only pro the razer had was the better screen honestly, and perhaps more durable but not sure about that. I'm admant that the 6 has way better battery since I get over 6 hours screen time with HEAVY use and relatively high brightness no lags, hickups or bugs yet. I love the community development most, my music sounds so good now thanks to viper4android. My LGV20 had the 820 and is utter garbage in comparison to even my older phones like the nexus 6p.. Software makes a bigger difference then internal hardware at the UX level, and UX is the most important thing IMO. You just can't beat OnePlus when it comes to UX, their OxygenOS is amazing and so is the development community for things like franco kernel, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2014 posts
699 upvotes
lemon07r wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 8:36 pm
I think the only pro the razer had was the better screen honestly, and perhaps more durable but not sure about that. I'm admant that the 6 has way better battery since I get over 6 hours screen time with HEAVY use and relatively high brightness no lags, hickups or bugs yet. I love the community development most, my music sounds so good now thanks to viper4android. My LGV20 had the 820 and is utter garbage in comparison to even my older phones like the nexus 6p.. Software makes a bigger difference then internal hardware at the UX level, and UX is the most important thing IMO. You just can't beat OnePlus when it comes to UX, their OxygenOS is amazing and so is the development community for things like franco kernel, etc.
Perhaps you should be writing this love letter to Oneplus and not here in a thread about a sale on Razer items...
Jan 9, 2017
94 posts
78 upvotes
Psyclist wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 9:43 pm
Perhaps you should be writing this love letter to Oneplus and not here in a thread about a sale on Razer items...
Why not? Might help someone make an informed decision. Some might want a better screen, and the cool gamer look, some might want better support for custom roms and stuff like that, that kind of stuff isn't for everyone but it will help some people decide what they want to purchase.