• Mar 9th, 2013 8:35 am
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver

Razer Deathadder @ ME $29.99

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX26418

Anyone see this yet, or get their hands on it? I saw it this morning but it was already sold out. It says the "sale" goes until 12/31/13. Think they'll get stock again?

EDIT: If you're in the Calgary Region, there is stock left. Go grab one if you can! :)
23 replies
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
As far as I know, the only discount so far is $10 off on NCIX. Razer official store still sells it for the retail of 59.99. Yes there is a 2013 edition, but this is the 3.5G model. I've been looking at these mice every single day for the last 3 weeks (and I have purchased 4), and trust me, this is the cheapest I've seen for this model.

FYI, Razer USA still sells this mouse officially on their website here: http://www.razerzone.com/store/choose/c ... deathadder
May 31, 2010
74 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary
I have one of these at work. it's kinda narrow, so your index and middle fingers will not sit on top of it very well. I end up right clicking with my index now....
Mar 16, 2011
750 posts
193 upvotes
That's definitely the cheapest for the 3.5G version outside of black friday/boxing day. AFAIW the green 2013 versions of their keyboards and mice will sell along side their 'older' blue models. Oddly enough the oldest 3G 1800 dpi model from years ago is known to have the best sensor of the 3 with zero acceleration and one of the least amount of lift off distances of ANY mouse.
Here's an unboxing I did if anyone's curious whats in the package:

SUKITO wrote: I have one of these at work. it's kinda narrow, so your index and middle fingers will not sit on top of it very well. I end up right clicking with my index now....
Not sure if serious, but wouldn't you notice the big gap/scroll wheel in between the right and left clicks before your finger travels to the other side? ;)
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
A note if I may. I purchased the Deathadder PC Bang Edition which has the 1800 DPI sensor. This is a Korea only model that was meant to be tailored towards the 'iCafe' general populace. Now I don't know if this has the same sensor as the one you mentioned, but you can get it from eBay for around $31 with free shipping. It has the 2013 style green lighting as well :)
SUKITO wrote: I have one of these at work. it's kinda narrow, so your index and middle fingers will not sit on top of it very well. I end up right clicking with my index now....
I don't know about you, but I have the Razer Mamba, which I believe has the exact same frame as the Deathadder. My hand fits perfectly on it, and that is why I already bought another Deathadder, and don't mind buying a 3rd!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
369 upvotes
Paid almost $100 for my death adder back in the day... still a solid mouse...
Nov 24, 2006
714 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I've never understood the love for Razer products. Maybe people like the shiny glowing lights? Yes they're high DPI but so are many other mice. A lot of their mice lack many buttons, with only left, right buttons and a scroll wheel. Other mice like my Logitech even have DPI switching on the fly. Add to that their crappy build quality, I don't get where the love comes from. I bought this mouse for my wife because it was on sale a while back before any experience with Razer products. She's now on her 3rd replacement mouse from Razer and hopefully the last one. My Razer Onza is on it's 2nd replacement already too. Meanwhile I've never had to replace a single Logitech product I've had, period.
Dec 16, 2007
184 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using this mouse for almost a year now. Great mouse. the scroll wheel is SLIGHTLY mushy. It'll take some getting used to if you're used to a more "clicly" wheel. I went from an old Copperhead (which has a VERY clicky wheel) to this and it did take a while. No problems with quality or anything. Definitely recommended if you can get one at this price. I paid around $50.

The Deathadder 2013 edition is out and I hear it's got a better wheel but...the price.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3112 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
Deathadder does have a crappy quality(new versions might be better). I used razer deathadder before, bought it for like 90$, left click broke after a year of fps playing. Now im using steelseries.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
15 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting, I've only ever used Razer. I started with a Razer Copperhead many years ago and it lasted 3 years before I had any problems with it. But I handle my mice with great care... I don't make large movements or bash my mice or click hard...

I bought a Mamba afterward and have been using it ever since. I have to agree though that I never bought Razer's lower tier mice... I always bought $100+ Razer Mice. Which includes the keyboard I am currently using (Tarantula) as well. I just bought a Razer Deathadder now for LAN gaming... and hopefully the build quality isn't as bad as you guys say it is.. though I doubt it should be that bad since this edition is made for LAN cafe's in mind.
Nov 22, 2011
93 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know what people do with their mice but my death adder is still going strong after 6 years. All leds and buttons work :)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1494 posts
105 upvotes
Guelph
No issues with mine, and I'm far from careful with my mice.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1088 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto, ON
when deciding on my last mouse, i went with a logitech with many well-positioned customizable buttons and I have no regrets
Jun 6, 2011
488 posts
62 upvotes
GUELPH
My boyfriend had this mouse, I think he paid around $90 for it, and it broke within 6 months, he was so mad, and apparently the warranty wasn't valid or some crap because he bought it in Canada and Not the States
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
I was thinking of getting either the DeathAdder or the TacX from Alienware. In the end, went with the TacX because it was cheaper and readily available at the price I was willing to pay. Both have their detractors but I'm just throwing that out there as another option for those to check out. Obviously Cash Back and free shipping help from Dell whenever it's on sale.
Oct 9, 2006
178 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
My Deathadder's left click stopped working after maybe a year. I'm not even much of a PC gamer or anything either so I wasn't aggressive with it.