Expired Hot Deals

[Razer] HOT RAZER PHONE 129.99 Certified Refurb 1yr Warranty 8Gb/64GB Octacore 9.0

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 9:36 pm
Aug 24, 2014
199 posts
206 upvotes
Bought one.
After reading nearly all the posts, it looks like phones are in NEW condition but stuck in DL mode.
Chances are I'll probably need to flash the rom thru adb thus voiding the warranty.

Not a big deal for me considering it's a $120 phone and I never had an actual phone die within 1 yr (warranty period) due to manufacturer defect. All died after few years of usage and that's all due to my negligence..
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2559 posts
1529 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Actually comes to $125.99 in cart. $30 coupon still available when you sign up. Rakuten still giving up to $10 (maybe $5).

$117.58 all in to BC including extra USB-C cable..... no... I won't do it again.... no.
Jan 2, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton, AB
out of stock after i signed up for $30 off. i got the code, but no phone anymore :(
Aug 29, 2012
166 posts
369 upvotes
Ottawa
Just lock the bootloader etc afterwards and the warranty SHOULD be fine. I've like yourself never really used warranty much for phones so yeah.

PS: Got the devices I needed from the restock. Thank you thread folks!
lcyCold wrote: Bought one.
After reading nearly all the posts, it looks like phones are in NEW condition but stuck in DL mode.
Chances are I'll probably need to flash the rom thru adb thus voiding the warranty.

Not a big deal for me considering it's a $120 phone and I never had an actual phone die within 1 yr (warranty period) due to manufacturer defect. All died after few years of usage and that's all due to my negligence..
Dec 21, 2015
629 posts
284 upvotes
Canada
Update to my replacement process:
* Defective unit arrived on razer warehouse on Dec 19th.
* Asked when replacement will arrive, rep said FOR SURE before Xmas, as razer feels bad about the defective unit & b/c it was suppose to be a gift.

Contacted them today:
* Replacement process within normal time frame, so piss off
* Prioritize your case but don't know when tracking will be available

:facepalm:
Oct 27, 2018
74 posts
48 upvotes
The link for android 9 on Razer Phone 1 is back and it works!!
https://developer.razer.com/razer-phone ... ry-images/
I need to try this when I get home tonight...
Its a global version... Any chance it may cause problems if you have a carrier version? (I have no clue if I have a carrier version or not...)

Edit: Feck, I remembered that I completely repacked it to give it as a gift for Christmas QQ I'll take it back out XD
Oct 27, 2018
74 posts
48 upvotes
Thank you again htauthority as I have flashed it to Android 9 and it is working! Huzzah!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1783 posts
179 upvotes
Lucky peoples here are helping to recover the phone if it was to get the service from Razer it will take a decade
Honestly I don't know how they are still alive with this kind of customer service
Anyway Merry Christmas everyone
Jun 21, 2017
251 posts
512 upvotes
Merry Christmas!!!!

Oh wait, opened the two phones got for my parents (I couldn't open them in advance), both are stuck in download only mode and one bootloops and won't shut off!

Definitely won't be buying another Razer product again, and if they ghost I'll just contact my CC and refund through it.

I'm not bothering to spend hours figuring out how to flash a phone they advertised as tested and working. It's a tech company, get it together.
Images
  • IMG_20191225_092606.jpg
Nov 11, 2018
41 posts
60 upvotes
Cocopuffs43421 wrote: Merry Christmas!!!!

Oh wait, opened the two phones got for my parents (I couldn't open them in advance), both are stuck in download only mode and one bootloops and won't shut off!

Definitely won't be buying another Razer product again, and if they ghost I'll just contact my CC and refund through it.

I'm not bothering to spend hours figuring out how to flash a phone they advertised as tested and working. It's a tech company, get it together.
You can probably get it out of the bootloop by holding power and volume up and let go when the screen goes black (you’ll have to be quick)