Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Razer Mamba Mouse

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2016 4:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
102 upvotes

[Best Buy] Razer Mamba Mouse

Razer Mamba mouse - $220 at Best Buy, one day Amazon sale at $140. Price match for $132!
15 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 25, 2007
943 posts
71 upvotes
Markham
THANKS RESERVED ONE tmat bb to pick up!

Anybody know if this is better or steelseries rival 700?
I don't have a signature right now, help me think of one? :)
Member
Oct 24, 2012
302 posts
234 upvotes
Edmonton
Relatively a lot of negative reviews re: Battery and build quality on the internet about this mouse
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2006
1367 posts
798 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I had the previous version of the Razer Mamba. It was a great designed mouse... however the left click button started to feel squeaky after a couple of month and I didn't like that at all... battery also wasn't the greatest but it is rechargeable. Anyone know is this basically the same mouse as the 1st gen Mamba or is it different?

The mouse is well reviewed on all review sites, mixed reviews on Amazon but mostly good... should I try this mouse again? lol
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1199 posts
690 upvotes
I had second generation. It would intermittently lose connection and r3cconenct after a year of use. Worst buy I've ever made.
Newbie
Jan 12, 2008
67 posts
19 upvotes
This mouse is awful. It uses the Philips Twin Eye system, which has a notorious issue with Z-Axis tracking. What that means is everytime you lift up your mouse, it makes the mouse shoot to the bottom right. Here's a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyu2gMisgvE

All you need to do is lift the mouse up a bit, and tracking goes to hell. It's unfortunate because if you never lift the mouse, it's actually one of the best sensors in terms of accuracy. It's just too damn sensitive to vertical motion.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8397 posts
3063 upvotes
Toronto
How does this mouse compare to the Logitech G900?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8397 posts
3063 upvotes
Toronto
jqn525 wrote: That's the tournament edition. I'm quite sure that one is wired. High level gamers generally don't use wireless.
Idk about you, but I doubt many users are going to feel any noticeable delay in terms of their gameplay, if anything, most would love a reason to give for why they sucked during a particular match.
Newbie
Apr 12, 2015
45 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Variability wrote: Idk about you, but I doubt many users are going to feel any noticeable delay in terms of their gameplay, if anything, most would love a reason to give for why they sucked during a particular match.
its definitely noticable. though i will say wireless tech has improved greatly over the years.
Member
Mar 17, 2015
272 posts
183 upvotes
Winnipeg
Learza wrote: Relatively a lot of negative reviews re: Battery and build quality on the internet about this mouse
After owning a few Razer devices and reading many others on the internet with similar experiences, I think Razer products are basically a sham. It's made-in-china level manufacturing that is wrapped in a pretty packaged and sold as high end gamer gear.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2015
151 posts
89 upvotes
KrimsonStudios wrote: After owning a few Razer devices and reading many others on the internet with similar experiences, I think Razer products are basically a sham. It's made-in-china level manufacturing that is wrapped in a pretty packaged and sold as high end gamer gear.
I disagree. I own both a Razer Naga Epic and a 2016 Blackwidow Chroma and both have been excellent to me. Zero problems with my Blackwidow (although it is still relatively new). My Naga is now three years old and its only issue was a the wired connection was having some problems - but I contacted Razer and they sent me a free wire replacement (outside of the warranty period).

I have had issues with Razer Synapse, but overall I'd rate my experience with Razer a 9/10.
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2011
815 posts
329 upvotes
Ontario
KrimsonStudios wrote: After owning a few Razer devices and reading many others on the internet with similar experiences, I think Razer products are basically a sham. It's made-in-china level manufacturing that is wrapped in a pretty packaged and sold as high end gamer gear.
My friend bought a black widow 2014 tournament and the keyboard broke within 2 weeks. Luckily he was able to get a new one lol

Top