[Razer] Razer Panthera Evo arcade stick - $156.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 9:50 pm
Tags:
Aug 2, 2006
133 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP. Hard to say no when people are selling used MadCatz TE's for more.

Nov 24, 2013
145 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
was OOS notice emailed? i was able to order it just now. CA$142.23 to BC
Nov 7, 2012
203 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
r1val wrote: Thanks OP. Hard to say no when people are selling used MadCatz TE's for more.

What did you use for the extra $30 saved?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5720 posts
319 upvotes
Im currently using a madcatz sf4 te Xbox 360 fightstick. Is this an upgrade?

$150 isn't much to spend but I'm trying to justify this deal lol.
Jun 25, 2019
9 posts
5 upvotes
I had to play around with the promo code to get it to work. Try typing it in manually, instead of copy\paste.
Aug 2, 2006
133 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary, AB
1337SAUCe wrote: What did you use for the extra $30 saved?
Signed up for email subscription and completed my profile. See post right after OP.
Not sure if it helps that I signed up awhile back when the Razer Phone 2 was on sale, didn't end up pulling the trigger on that phone.
Last edited by r1val on Feb 26th, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 2, 2006
133 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary, AB
xwar wrote: Im currently using a madcatz sf4 te Xbox 360 fightstick. Is this an upgrade?

$150 isn't much to spend but I'm trying to justify this deal lol.
It's on par, if not better. Both have Sanwa sticks, just different buttons.
I currently have a 360 TE, PS4 Hori HRAP 4 Kai. Couldn't pass this Razer stick up, it'll be the cheapest one I've bought brand new.
equin0x wrote: this or the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro?
Two different applications. Neo Geo has built-in games if that's what you're looking for. Razer for a high quality stand-alone arcade stick for a great price IMO.
Jul 15, 2019
97 posts
67 upvotes
I'm no stick expert but I've been told that this particular stick has cheaper parts and break easily. Maybe not just the buttons and stick which are replaceable, but perhaps the wires and stuff too. The fact it's nearly half off not even a year into its release probably says something. The original Razer Panthera (which is also on sale but has the Dragonball artwork if that matters) or other sticks from Hori or Qanba use better parts.

If I didn't already have a stick, I'd still hop on the deal as it's really good nonetheless.
Feb 22, 2009
625 posts
310 upvotes
Ottawa
ChrisE45532 wrote: The fact it's nearly half off not even a year into its release probably says something.
Guessing they're just clearing stock to prepare for a PS5 version. Not clear whether an update would be just for marketing (this one is plastered with PS4 labeling) or for (in)compatibility reasons they need to release new h/w for PS5 (à la Logitech G27-->G29 fiasco -- I got burned by that one).

Jumped on the bandwagon as not many PS exclusive fighters so can simply use on PC if this one turns out to be incompatible with PS5.

Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19266 posts
6264 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Wow I already have two Madcatz TES+ sticks I almost never use from Amazon price error back in the day at 164.99 each... but when the Panthera EVO was back in stock for a minute there I couldn't help myself and ordered one of these, too, with the extra $30 discount.

Only use these on PC so I don't care if it works on PS5 or not.
Sep 12, 2004
361 posts
136 upvotes
Back in stock again. Looks like they restock in the early mornings.

Thanks OP and Coupon guy!