So I'm pulling my hair out in regards to keeping this phone because all the features I desire in a phone are not avail with the razer phone 2. but the price/perf ratio is what makes this deal so hard to pass. I will compare this to my LG V20 as my baseline.
- As mentioned, the major feat about this phone is the Price to Performance ratio. Nearly unheard of when it comes down to it ( against a brand new phone)
- Build quality is solid
- Display refresh rate gives life to the phone
- Removable storage if needed
- USBC dac is pretty good although bass heavy
- Front firing speakers make this phone a pleasure to watch videos on
- Weak camera options. Even with GCAM to me I'd want a wide angle camera at the very least.
- No AOD. The v20 had the second screen which gave me the time and notifications. The RP2 doesn't have the time which forces you to turn the unit on all the time and the notification light is.. on the back ( RGB chroma)
- Headphone Jack not available. I actually, for the first time in my life, needed to charge my phone on a portable charger while commuting and wanted to listen to my music but i couldnt. "WELL WHY NOT BLUETOOTH AUDIO?"
- BECAUSE there is no support for "High"er definition bitrate over BT. no APTX, APTX HD, LDAC. Only way to get LDAC is to root and add the line to the buildprop (becomes exclusive to SONY products)
- There isn't great support over the modding community. You pretty much need to be happy with what you have and not expect any more.
- Battery life is not that much better than where I'm coming from.
- HDR support on Netflix stripped away on PIE update. My phone had PIE preinstalled. I personally don't care all too much as I don't have the HDR netflix package but the screen isn't as impressive to have HDR on I'd say. And peak brightness is really low on this phone.
So as you can see im pretty torn. I mean by the time the cell phone market normalizes to 845/8gb performance i'd be ready for my next phone. I just turned my LG v20 on and cringed at the performance..... what does i does?