Tags:
None
Mar 31, 2009
225 posts
190 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
chatbox wrote:
Jul 28th, 2019 5:54 pm
In 2019...need to root a phone to get APTX going...that says a lot about the phone's support.
The fact you can root a phone in 2019.. says a lot about the phone's support.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1786 posts
285 upvotes
Hamilton
SammyDavis wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:29 pm
Zero dollars on Freedom.
So i can go-to Freedom and get one for free, nor have to sign a contract?
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4601 posts
3040 upvotes
Calgary
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 5:39 pm
I think you are confusing me with Google.
Mar 31, 2009
225 posts
190 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 5:39 pm
SammyDavis wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 5:56 pm
I think you are confusing me with Google.
sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting

I will say though, CouponKindaGuy was right - No carrier is giving you a $1000 phone for free. You need to sign a contract. It's disingenuous to be calling the phone free when you're on the hook for service for 2 years or more.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2367 posts
975 upvotes
dankashun wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:29 pm
I look at my phone display all the time, I rarely use my phone speakers.
Perfect, this phone comes with a nice screen as well.
Apr 20, 2003
943 posts
502 upvotes
Markham
kaliman wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 1:29 am
Razor Phone 2 - One of the few phones or only phone available in Canada with a 3-inch wide screen. Like it. A 3-inch wide screen means a bigger keyboard, makes typing so much easier.

Thought brightness/outdoors may be an issue until I read PCMag.com review: "Viewing angles are good and the screen gets bright enough to see outdoors, but it fades under direct sunlight". As long as it's bright enough to see outdoors, that's good enough (at least for the price).

The only issue left is Razor Phone 2 does not support exFAT FOR MicroSD cards. If it doesn't support exFAT, I can't put a 1GB or 2GB video file on the MicroSD card? The Samsung EVO+ 256GB MicroSDXC card won't work on the Razor Phone 2?

https://www.reddit.com/r/razerphone/com ... r_microsd/
It supports up to 2TB MicroSD cards (I put a Sandisk 400GB in mine). If you use the mSD as Adoptable Storage, it will be formatted in EXT4 (like the phone) and support up to 16 TiB file sizes. If you use it as Portable Storage to be able to remove it from the phone and use it in other devices, or to transfer via a reader etc, then it will be formatted as FAT32 with a 4GB limit (not 1 or 2GB). I tested with a 3.8GB file and it transferred over fine and can be read by the phone.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Jul 18, 2018
15 posts
2 upvotes
Bought the phone from an RFDer from this thread, but ended up getting the Pixel 3. I have a Razer 2 Satin Black for sale that comes with a screen protector and case for $500, Burlington/Oakville/Hamilton pickup only. DM me if interested thanks.