• Dec 9th, 2019 6:12 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
12 posts
5 upvotes
The Big Smoke
blyndfyre wrote: Maybe your are trolling, but if not, the device in this thread is not to be confused with the Motorola Razr.
Ah that's funny because there's a Tom's hardware about the 2019 Motorola razor when I searched it. Should be out mid 2019. My mistake
Dec 20, 2010
446 posts
380 upvotes
I presumed this was made by Motorola as well until I went to the site

Nobody is reporting any customs or anything with this? I'm wary of the disclaimer on their site regarding this
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2807 posts
524 upvotes
Ontario
T_Ruff wrote: I presumed this was made by Motorola as well until I went to the site

Nobody is reporting any customs or anything with this? I'm wary of the disclaimer on their site regarding this
You pay what the price is...there is no extra customs/fees.
I got it in feb, came from Asia, no extra costs other than purchase price.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Mar 11, 2013
638 posts
640 upvotes
Brampton
Razer has factory images published in their website. Can't we just falsh the device with the oreo image to get the codec issue resolved for now?
Does flasing the device void warranty?
Mar 31, 2009
233 posts
194 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
Viper98 wrote: You can use Bluetooth, you're just limited to sbc or aac
really? This is their definition of a high-quality, multimedia, gaming smartphone? No headphone jack and only basic Bluetooth support? How is anyone supposed to watch videos or play games on this phone? The latency will be absolute garbage and the audio will be unusable. SBC and AAC are fine for playing music where latency doesn't matter, but if you need Bluetooth to stay in sync with video of any kind, you need AptX or better codecs. This was a known problem 3 YEARS AGO with Sony and Bose wireless headphones, and yet this is what they're selling?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35531 posts
21583 upvotes
Center of Universe
AmRando wrote: really? This is their definition of a high-quality, multimedia, gaming smartphone? No headphone jack and only basic Bluetooth support? How is anyone supposed to watch videos or play games on this phone? The latency will be absolute garbage and the audio will be unusable. SBC and AAC are fine for playing music where latency doesn't matter, but if you need Bluetooth to stay in sync with video of any kind, you need AptX or better codecs. This was a known problem 3 YEARS AGO with Sony and Bose wireless headphones, and yet this is what they're selling?
That's why this phone is on sale....
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14342 posts
4924 upvotes
London
xblackdemonx wrote: Because no one bought it. It's not a good phone.
What makes it "not a good phone"?
Aug 16, 2015
151 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
it's a great phone and should have been this price all along...tried it out and returned it and got a Xiaomi gaming one instead for almost 1/3....BUT would have kept it if it was at this price =(
Dec 20, 2010
446 posts
380 upvotes
Pulled the trigger on this last night after following the thread and lots of deliberation and external research.
The only issues seem to be camera, screen brightness, and Bluetooth updated technology. For my situation the value was too amazing and issues neglible; camera can be fixed by gcam, I usually have my phone on the lower end of brightness, and I only listen to podcasts with the odd tv/show movie (the kind that I don't feel compelled to save for a bigger screen/sound system). I just wanted a (basically) stock android phone that would run fast and this is it, with extra bonuses of front firing speakers, a great build quality, and great design.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14342 posts
4924 upvotes
London
xblackdemonx wrote: Be my guest and buy the phone.
I already have

I'm currently debating between keeping it and a P30 Pro.
Jul 27, 2017
186 posts
229 upvotes
Ordered one too. Let's see how it goes, thanks OP.
Jan 15, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
Razer phone 2 for AT&T got a software update today.

Checked my phone, still don't have it yet. Hoping to get it soon
Apr 25, 2010
225 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wow, this phone has some pretty disappointing brightness. It's barely usable in sunlight. Definitely going to be returning this.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10350 posts
6818 upvotes
Drethis wrote: Wow, this phone has some pretty disappointing brightness. It's barely usable in sunlight. Definitely going to be returning this.
You didn't watch Mr. Mobile's review?
Apr 25, 2010
225 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chatbox wrote: You didn't watch Mr. Mobile's review?
I watched a few reviews which mentioned it, but I wanted to test this phone myself.