• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2022 11:17 am
29 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1020 posts
2126 upvotes
Fredericton
$69.99 on Amazon. I would buy it from there just for the easy returns. Razer RMA process is s**t so I assume their returns process will be s**t too.
Jan 21, 2008
379 posts
555 upvotes
Bought in the warehouse for 50 something if I recall.

Not comparing this thread price to there just that I have had no problems since getting it a few months ago.

Love this thing, if you game on your Android phone then this is a no brainer. I'm surprised how good the control buttons and sticks feel. They are slightly less better feeling than an Xbox controller, and almost on par with a DualShock.
Aug 13, 2006
971 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone has a gaming PC with a GeForce card, you can stream your Games to you phone! I've been playing Elden Ring in my bed with my phone + Kishi and it's amazing.
Don't worry about how much you SPEND , it's how much you SAVE that matters.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1161 posts
1994 upvotes
Fx45 wrote: If anyone has a gaming PC with a GeForce card, you can stream your Games to you phone! I've been playing Elden Ring in my bed with my phone + Kishi and it's amazing.
You can do that on Xbox too
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1054 posts
950 upvotes
Ottawa
Fx45 wrote: If anyone has a gaming PC with a GeForce card, you can stream your Games to you phone! I've been playing Elden Ring in my bed with my phone + Kishi and it's amazing.
Does this require Game Pass or Nvidia's GFN? How's the lag overall? I found PS5 remote play to be too laggy for action games even when the PS5 was hardwired and my phone was on Wifi6/5GHz
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1054 posts
950 upvotes
Ottawa
No luck price matching BB or Source online, btw.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1250 posts
525 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: Does this require Game Pass or Nvidia's GFN? How's the lag overall? I found PS5 remote play to be too laggy for action games even when the PS5 was hardwired and my phone was on Wifi6/5GHz
No need for either, checkout Moonlight. https://moonlight-stream.org/
Feb 10, 2017
18 posts
29 upvotes
This is basically as cheap as they come, barring a boxing day sale or something. Ive had one in my cart all week, but two things put me off:

- no audio out options besides Bluetooth (unusable on moonlight) or speakers
- buying online through razer / shipping fee. I'll check at local best buy tomorrow to see if they'll honor in store but otherwise you're better off just going through Amazon warehouse or even FB marketplace

It is worth noting you can get an additional 15% off by signing up for the newsletter, but only on orders of 130 or greater so unless you want some other dumb gamer bullshit or are picking up one for someone else...
Last edited by mosheisley on May 15th, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 13, 2006
971 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
dgege wrote: No need for either, checkout Moonlight. https://moonlight-stream.org/
Yup that's my setup. Lag is generally pretty good with hardwired PC + wifi6, although I generally do more exploration on the phone and big fights I save for the PC, mainly because i can't see details as well on the phone.
Feb 11, 2021
53 posts
28 upvotes
Is this better than normal controller?
Jan 21, 2008
379 posts
555 upvotes
EastVan wrote: Is this better than normal controller?
Not sure what you meant:

Is this better than using an Xbox gamepad connected via Bluetooth? Yes, the input lag is almost eliminated (think playing via game mode vs non on a TV)

Does it feel better than a controller? Not as good feeling as an Xbox but darn almost feels close to my DualShock 4.
Jul 2, 2007
216 posts
487 upvotes
Montreal
EastVan wrote:
Is this better than normal controller?
It's better than normal controller with a clip for me, feel less heavy.
But I would give this device a 7.5, it's lacking some extra conform and something so that it feel more firm.

Hoping to see the Backbone come to Android. That one is way better.
Aug 13, 2006
971 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
shnukms wrote: Not sure what you meant:

Is this better than using an Xbox gamepad connected via Bluetooth? Yes, the input lag is almost eliminated (think playing via game mode vs non on a TV)

Does it feel better than a controller? Not as good feeling as an Xbox but darn almost feels close to my DualShock 4.
Also because it's USB there is less input lag vs Bluetooth.
Feb 10, 2017
18 posts
29 upvotes
decided to spend my evening talking with best buy customer support to request a price match after reading their policy online. They were insistent on saying no, for various reasons such as: the product was on "special sale" (it isn't, as far as I can tell, a part of explict daily or hourly sale); the product is sold by the manufacturer so it was impossible/unfair for them to offer the same discount (nothing in the policy about manufacturers); the razer website didn't have a model number so they couldn't match (it's in the url).

I had to note that they could simply click the BestBuy button on the razer page and be redirected to the BB website with the exact same model no. not like theres another Kishi with USB-C it could have been, right?

They tried one last time to say no but i pushed back and then they caved, offered to put the total discount and tax difference as a refund on an order if I would place it. So I did, and I'm told I'll have the refund amount applied to my account in 3-5 days. She said the employees at the store for pickup will see the refund in the system so if they don't I just won't pick it up and it'll be cancelled/refunded in full.

But the real reason I'm sharing this story with you here is not to help you get the same deal. It's to let you know I told her that I was a loyal customer, that I had met my girlfriend at one of their stores (lol) and that they were at risk of "losing a long time BestBuy Boy". all of this and nearly 2 hours of pissing my time away to get a shitty 50 dollar phone controller thats not only hardly worth it, but will also probably break my phone's usb c port.
Last edited by mosheisley on May 15th, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
148 posts
172 upvotes
I ordered at bestbuy online for pickup in store, and then tell them i want to price match at order pickup counter, just in case they use the out of stock excuse, and they matched the price
Last edited by ogloprfd on May 15th, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2218 posts
2236 upvotes
Ottawa
Very nice controller.

Was more 'solid' by removing the rubber inserts and putting my phone with case directly in it.
Nov 7, 2008
475 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Talked to Best Buy online chat, they took a long time to get back to me but offered to match the price and add an additional $10 fee on top to cover the shipping fee. Essentially the same price as the Razer website (orders under $110 CAD have $10 basic shipping, $20 expedited shipping fees) but I guess I can get more immediate pickup. Either that or get it off Amazon.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1982 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto
dgege wrote: No need for either, checkout Moonlight. https://moonlight-stream.org/
For a minute I was thinking of Moonlight on Disney+, thought...did they come out with a game already? Or, how on earth did we go from gaming to streaming

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)