• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2020 7:18 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 27, 2003
314 posts
66 upvotes
Altera wrote: I want to do something about it but I don’t know what to do, as it seems others in this thread have only wasted their time and there’s no solution just yet.
Agreed. I tried both RBC and Equifax, but no one seems to know how to remove the flag. If anyone gets traction getting this removed, please share the details!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5563 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
Reading this makes me glad I didn't open up some accounts @ RBC last year.
I was going to open a basic account, TFSA & get the basic WestJet card for free banking. Also wanted to open a small biz account. I went in knowing I had placed fraud alerts on my bureaus & they would want to verify ID.

The rep called in the branch manager who promptly asked for a NOA "to make sure I didn't owe CRA anything".
Knowing that a NOA does not provide a current account balance I replied with my own white lie of I have not received it yet.

Not good to start off financial relationships with lies.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1477 posts
1139 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Bumping this to the top, it seems now RBC updated my report and it no longer shows Deferred. The card which they were saying was Deferred, even shown through their TU CreditVision online score checker thing, no longer has the red ! next to the card and no mention of it being Deferred anymore. Card shows as paid/on-time and each month shows OK for payment status.
May 16, 2008
197 posts
79 upvotes
I have this problem now too. I'm going to call RBC and cancel it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9523 posts
10809 upvotes
The Prairies
What’s strange is this deferred payment reportings seem random.
I have 3 active credit cards with RBC, and none of them are being reported as deferred, nor is any other credit card that I have.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2003
314 posts
66 upvotes
Update - without any additional action on my part, deferral status removed on Transunion. Remains on Equifax. :/