$250
Savings:
40%
Expiry:
December 24, 2020
Retailer:
RBC | Ampli
Updated Dec 11:
Thank to @noproblem for the link to deal with Ampli for split shipping: https://ampli.ca/blog/uncoded/all-about ... pping/amp/
-------------------------

Updated Dec 9:
Here is a thread for 50% off for selected brands using SINGTAO code: sporting-life-sportinglife-some-brands- ... o-2428044/
Code is dead but if you call customer service and mention about the code, they will provide you another unique code to use until Dec 13, again YMMV
-------------------------

Check your RBC Online Offer.

RBC offers $50 credit statement on $250 purchase at Sporting Life (YMMV) and Ampli offers 20% (to max of $50 credit) which is also $50 on $250 purchase.

If you link a RBC credit card with Ampli, you will get $100 off $250. It worked very well last X-mas and I recalled people were able to use a discount code for another 20% from Golf Town online to maximize the benefit. Gift card and some brands are excluded from the term and condition but YMMV. Some people got the credit from buying gift card but was asked for the receipt later. Brands exclusion is a joke since RBC nor Ampli can verify it.

If you dont have a RBC credit card, you still get $50 off $250 from Ampli.
Last edited by bluewish on Dec 11th, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
169 replies
Oct 3, 2006
20 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
My Ampli deal is spend $250 and earn 20% cash back to a maximum of $50. Not Spend $250 and earn $50. So YMMV, unless there are multiple Ampli deals out there.

Edit: 20% of $250 is $50, my bad.
Images
  • IMG_5382.jpg
Last edited by jglo1 on Dec 3rd, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 15, 2017
20 posts
45 upvotes
jglo1 wrote: My Ampli deal is spend $250 and earn 20% cash back to a maximum of $50. Not Spend $250 and earn $50. So YMMV, unless there are multiple Ampli deals out there.
Isn't that $50?
Koodo $39/13gb
Rogers $35/500u
Oct 3, 2006
20 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
busybee124 wrote: Isn't that $50?
Oh right, simple maths. Time for me to go back to school, lol.
Dec 15, 2017
20 posts
45 upvotes
jglo1 wrote: Oh right, simple maths. Time for me to go back to school, lol.
It's too early in the morning Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Koodo $39/13gb
Rogers $35/500u
Dec 4, 2007
911 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! If you want to buy a brand that is excluded, what worked for me last year is buying a brand that qualified for the credit first. Then wait 60 days and try to return it for a full refund on a giftcard. You can then use the giftcard to purchase the brands that are normally excluded from sale.

RBC Offer:

Get a $50 statement credit at Sporting Life*
Valid From:
December 02, 2020 - December 24, 2020

Shop your favourite lifestyle brands in-store or online at Sporting Life! Get a $50 statement credit when you spend a minimum of $250, including taxes, by December 24, 2020 on eligible purchases at any Sporting Life store in Canada or online and pay with an eligible RBC Royal Bank credit or debit card.* Simply load this offer before you shop. Limit one offer per client. Please see terms and conditions for more details

*This offer is not transferable. To take advantage of this offer, you must activate it by clicking the “Load Offer” button before you make your purchase. Once the offer has been activated, you will receive a $50 statement credit (“Statement Credit”), when you make a purchase of at least $250, including taxes, at any Sporting Life store in Canada, or online at www.sportinglife.ca (“Qualifying Purchase”) between December 2 and December 24, 2020, inclusively (“Offer Period”) and pay using any RBC Royal Bank (i) personal credit card, other than an RBC US Dollar Visa card, or (ii) debit card tied to a personal chequing account (“Eligible RBC Card”). Please allow up to 30 days from the last date of the Offer Period, provided your credit card or banking account was in good standing at that time, for the Statement Credit to appear on the account statement tied to your Eligible RBC Card. Please note that if you paid for your Qualifying Purchase using an RBC Royal Bank credit card, the Statement Credit will not be applied as a payment towards the balance of your credit card account. Qualifying Purchases exclude (i) items that are out of stock and/or not available for shipping within the Offer Period, and (ii) the purchase of Canada Goose, Patagonia, Arc’teryx, Moncler, Blundstone, Mackage, Moose Knuckles, Armada, Atomic, Salomon, all 2020 Snowboards, Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Bindings, as well as gift cards and services. This offer may be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, but cannot be applied retroactively to previous purchases. Returns or price adjustments that reduce the price of your Qualifying Purchase may cancel or reduce your Statement Credit. Limit of 1 Statement Credit per client during the Offer Period. Sporting Life Inc., not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), is responsible for the sales and returns terms and conditions applicable to your Qualifying Purchase(s). RBC reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time, even after you have activated it. For more details on the RBC Offers program, please visit rbc.com/offers.
Jun 19, 2006
432 posts
522 upvotes
If you have a RBC Avion card, you can get 3x the RBC reward points. This should be able to stack with the $50 statement credit. You have to load both offers on your card before using, then connect with Ampli for the additional $50
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3157 posts
2837 upvotes
silverferrari wrote: Thanks OP! If you want to buy a brand that is excluded, what worked for me last year is buying a brand that qualified for the credit first. Then wait 60 days and try to return it for a full refund on a giftcard. You can then use the giftcard to purchase the brands that are normally excluded from sale.

RBC Offer:

Get a $50 statement credit at Sporting Life*
Valid From:
December 02, 2020 - December 24, 2020

Shop your favourite lifestyle brands in-store or online at Sporting Life! Get a $50 statement credit when you spend a minimum of $250, including taxes, by December 24, 2020 on eligible purchases at any Sporting Life store in Canada or online and pay with an eligible RBC Royal Bank credit or debit card.* Simply load this offer before you shop. Limit one offer per client. Please see terms and conditions for more details

*This offer is not transferable. To take advantage of this offer, you must activate it by clicking the “Load Offer” button before you make your purchase. Once the offer has been activated, you will receive a $50 statement credit (“Statement Credit”), when you make a purchase of at least $250, including taxes, at any Sporting Life store in Canada, or online at www.sportinglife.ca (“Qualifying Purchase”) between December 2 and December 24, 2020, inclusively (“Offer Period”) and pay using any RBC Royal Bank (i) personal credit card, other than an RBC US Dollar Visa card, or (ii) debit card tied to a personal chequing account (“Eligible RBC Card”). Please allow up to 30 days from the last date of the Offer Period, provided your credit card or banking account was in good standing at that time, for the Statement Credit to appear on the account statement tied to your Eligible RBC Card. Please note that if you paid for your Qualifying Purchase using an RBC Royal Bank credit card, the Statement Credit will not be applied as a payment towards the balance of your credit card account. Qualifying Purchases exclude (i) items that are out of stock and/or not available for shipping within the Offer Period, and (ii) the purchase of Canada Goose, Patagonia, Arc’teryx, Moncler, Blundstone, Mackage, Moose Knuckles, Armada, Atomic, Salomon, all 2020 Snowboards, Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Bindings, as well as gift cards and services. This offer may be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, but cannot be applied retroactively to previous purchases. Returns or price adjustments that reduce the price of your Qualifying Purchase may cancel or reduce your Statement Credit. Limit of 1 Statement Credit per client during the Offer Period. Sporting Life Inc., not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), is responsible for the sales and returns terms and conditions applicable to your Qualifying Purchase(s). RBC reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time, even after you have activated it. For more details on the RBC Offers program, please visit rbc.com/offers.
come on now ...........
Feb 21, 2015
97 posts
64 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Can Ampli and RBC even know what you're spending it on? From what I understand, they'll only be able to see the charge and amount spent on your CC but not actually what you purchased.
Dec 24, 2011
424 posts
250 upvotes
toronto
biglazybug wrote: Can Ampli and RBC even know what you're spending it on? From what I understand, they'll only be able to see the charge and amount spent on your CC but not actually what you purchased.
Agreed last year Toysrus I was able to buy a bunch of giftcard though the offer said I think exclude gift cards.
Jun 9, 2019
353 posts
442 upvotes
silverferrari wrote: Thanks OP! If you want to buy a brand that is excluded, what worked for me last year is buying a brand that qualified for the credit first. Then wait 60 days and try to return it for a full refund on a giftcard. You can then use the giftcard to purchase the brands that are normally excluded from sale.
So why specifically 60 days? The offer mentions that the statement credit should appear after 30 days.
Dec 4, 2007
911 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
Oomani wrote: So why specifically 60 days? The offer mentions that the statement credit should appear after 30 days.
Sporting Life had a policy where any returns after 60 days cannot be issued back to your credit card, but they will give you a credit on gift card. I noticed they've removed this blurb some time this year, but I was still able to return something a few months ago to a gift card and it was past 60 days refund period.
Nov 27, 2009
120 posts
46 upvotes
Ampli offer excludes all good brands
Images
  • 0664CB0B-EDEC-4D8C-8BB7-8FEC4120BA24.jpeg
Jun 9, 2019
353 posts
442 upvotes
What's the RBC reward points conversion ratio, to say, gift cards? Or what's the best conversion to do?
Jun 14, 2017
48 posts
68 upvotes
Are the ampli offers individualized? I've got the RBC offer, but nothing in my ampli.
Nov 25, 2015
97 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Just FYI, last year when I tried this with the purchase of a Canada Goose jacket (one of the excluded brands), Amplii put a hold on my credit stating the reason for the hold was that it was a "large amount" that I was claiming and requested a copy of the purchase receipt. They would remove the hold once they received the receipt and reviewed it. Needless to say, upon review, the credit was denied as it breached their terms. This didn't happen to many others I knew that tried so it might just have been random sampling. So YMMV
Last edited by KennyTKO on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2006
432 posts
522 upvotes
I bought the Fitbit Versa 3 for $344 - $100, I think that's a pretty good deal. The Versa 2 is on sale too for $200, add a pair of Saxx and you get both for $150 or so
Jun 23, 2003
411 posts
187 upvotes
Not a surprise all these premium brands are excluded. They want to keep their premium brand image and not be part of a sale once a month or more.

Arcteryx isn't sold in Sportchek or Atmosphere anymore mainly because that brand was not excluded from the "code only" 70% off deals, which are basically glorified employee discount (cost+x%) sales.

True employee discounts were fine for Arcteryx but when you open that same deal up to a wider audience as Sportchek does for Triangle member or specific groups, it bypasses the intent, so Arcteryx pulled out of selling items there earlier in 2020.

Same would go if Sporting Life puts these brands on every promo they have; the brand's dictate when and where they have sales and would simply pull out of offering through that store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)