Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
RBC

Avion 30% Bonus Transfer to Avios - June 15 to July31

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 7:44 pm
Dec 10, 2006
999 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
abshahul wrote: Mind you, the names on the RBC card and the Avios account should match. Last time they cancelled my conversion well after the deal period was over saying my business card name and avios account name didn't match.
Names won't match but same address if that counts lol. But I know Amex allows transfer to different aeroplan accounts even if names are different. Was hoping this would be similar
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
Thanks OP,

Remember you can set up a household plan at BA to pool your points.

British Airways Household

An excellent resource for using BA points on partners is:

TPG best uses of 100k avios

BA is a one world partner plus Alaska, Air lingus and Meridiana.
One world includes

Lots of options but often you have to call BA to book. For example:
booking YYJ/OGG would involve looking for saver space on American, then checking that route on Alaska, then calling BA to book the flights on Alaska.

Handy award chart for avios:
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
haranzo wrote: Isn't there a discount of 50% off Avios points flying to London, maybe it can be double dipped here?
yes you can.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
|Naruto| wrote: Names won't match but same address if that counts lol. But I know Amex allows transfer to different aeroplan accounts even if names are different. Was hoping this would be similar
Or you could do differently. BA has household Avios, you can transfer the avion to different avios account but use them combined as household avios.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ricedion wrote: I guess 30% is the best we can get now. They used to have 50% bonus, but haven't seen that for quite sometimes
I think it is somewhat expected considering how cheap CAD compared to USD right now.
it is essentially 75 US cents spent per Avion/Avios, or 58c with bonus.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1176 posts
480 upvotes
Is this the most valuable way to spend RBC points?
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10594 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
abshahul wrote: Mind you, the names on the RBC card and the Avios account should match. Last time they cancelled my conversion well after the deal period was over saying my business card name and avios account name didn't match.
How far off were your names? Missing middle name or a lot different? My credit card only had first and last name but my ba account has middle name to match my passport...
Jan 27, 2018
61 posts
19 upvotes
I find a lot of availability for flights to HKG for off peak season and rescheduling a flight through avois is very affordable 58 cad per trip flat rate. But finding tickets to USA is mission impossible. Anyone has similar experience?
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
MMMM wrote: Thanks OP,

Remember you can set up a household plan at BA to pool your points.

British Airways Household

An excellent resource for using BA points on partners is:

TPG best uses of 100k avios

BA is a one world partner plus Alaska, Air lingus and Meridiana.
One world includes

Lots of options but often you have to call BA to book. For example:
booking YYJ/OGG would involve looking for saver space on American, then checking that route on Alaska, then calling BA to book the flights on Alaska.

Handy award chart for avios:
I am new with Avios. This is very useful and informative.
Nov 16, 2010
44 posts
21 upvotes
Burnaby
Emilyflb3213 wrote: I find a lot of availability for flights to HKG for off peak season and rescheduling a flight through avois is very affordable 58 cad per trip flat rate. But finding tickets to USA is mission impossible. Anyone has similar experience?
Hi Emilyflb3213 what is off peak season to HKG? Sorry not really sure

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
When I try to convert, it shows 1:1 ratio.

Will the bonus be added separately after?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
haranzo wrote: Isn't there a discount of 50% off Avios points flying to London, maybe it can be double dipped here?
Yes, but that's a terrible promo for Canadians in general. The point requirements to London are so low that this promo doesn't help much but it's not the points that cost much, it's the taxes. 16250 RT with the 50% promo from Vancouver means you only need 12500 Avios for the flight when combined with this promo. The problem is you still need to pay about $650 more in taxes. You can regularly find deals from Canada to London (or many places in Europe) for under $650 so you are burning the 12500 points unnecessarily.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2682 posts
1779 upvotes
Durham
lhsonic wrote: Yes, but that's a terrible promo for Canadians in general. The point requirements to London are so low that this promo doesn't help much but it's not the points that cost much, it's the taxes. 16250 RT with the 50% promo from Vancouver means you only need 12500 Avios for the flight when combined with this promo. The problem is you still need to pay about $650 more in taxes. You can regularly find deals from Canada to London (or many places in Europe) for under $650 so you are burning the 12500 points unnecessarily.
I am debating on converting. Can you tell me some good uses for Avios? Trying to research on it.
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
744 upvotes
Williams Lake
MMMM's post above has some good links re best uses for Avion points.

Thanks OP, and respondents.
Aug 23, 2017
299 posts
443 upvotes
djredhat wrote: When I try to convert, it shows 1:1 ratio.

I'm also in the same boat.

I think we need to have a Avion card and another points card to qualify for this offer. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
djredhat wrote: When I try to convert, it shows 1:1 ratio.

in the past, the bonus is added separately. Will show up in your BA avios account
I have this problem too. Avion card is under my business name, Avios account is under my personal name. Last few times I tried to do conversion online, they cancelled. I have to call in by phone to get it transferred which is kind of a pain.
aaa111 wrote: How long does it typically take to transfer from RBC to BAEC? Looking to book a flight with the current BA reward promo which ends Jun 17. Will the transfer be instantaneous?
The last two times I did this, it took about 3 business days
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
timonwong wrote: I am debating on converting. Can you tell me some good uses for Avios? Trying to research on it.
Excellent uses include short-haul flights on partner airlines servicing geographically small areas. For example, Cathay for intra-Asia flights, Qantas for intra-Australia flights, and JAL for intra-Japan. Considering that Cathay, Qantas and JAL are all great airlines that are quite expensive to book with cash, these offer up great value. You can fly one-way from Tokyo to almost any other Japanese city for 4500 Avios + spare change in taxes, same with Qantas. These flights are worth $100-300!
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
lhsonic wrote: Excellent uses include short-haul flights on partner airlines servicing geographically small areas. For example, Cathay for intra-Asia flights, Qantas for intra-Australia flights, and JAL for intra-Japan. Considering that Cathay, Qantas and JAL are all great airlines that are quite expensive to book with cash, these offer up great value. You can fly one-way from Tokyo to almost any other Japanese city for 4500 Avios + spare change in taxes, same with Qantas. These flights are worth $100-300!
How does the value compare to train travel intra-Japan?
Jan 27, 2018
61 posts
19 upvotes
nova83 wrote: Hi Emilyflb3213 what is off peak season to HKG? Sorry not really sure

Thanks
As of today, I can see some seats for November and on. But you may need to do a lot of searching because some days are sold out.
Oct 31, 2003
863 posts
141 upvotes
Woodbridge
Emilyflb3213 wrote: I find a lot of availability for flights to HKG for off peak season and rescheduling a flight through avois is very affordable 58 cad per trip flat rate. But finding tickets to USA is mission impossible. Anyone has similar experience?
I booked a one way flight for 4 to Orlando via Charlotte on AA for Apr 30 Dec 6 and also booked a return flight for May 6 on Dec 6.

I also booked a one way flight for 2 on the same flight Feb 6 but only managed to book a return flight for May 5 Feb 6.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)